Contacts are the email details (& more) of your target market; those you plan to nurture using the power of Act-On.
Carry out the following steps to upload & organize your contacts. Then we'll create a segment of contacts to use in this training and a test list segment to use when testing your email.
Step A: Are you using Act-On with a CRM?
- Yes? Go to step B below.
- No? Go to step C a little further down.
- Not sure? To find out, check what you did in the second table in step 1. Confirm Act-On is set up.
Step B: Sync your CRM contacts - Act-On Contacts or Marketing Lists?
- If you use Act-On Contacts, the latest way to manage contacts in Act-On, follow the instructions in Map and Sync CRM Fields for Act-On Contacts
- If you use Marketing Lists, follow the instructions in Importing and Syncing a CRM List, or the instructions appropriate for your CRM:
Step C: Upload your contacts (non-CRM)
If you are not integrating Act-On with a CRM, import your contacts from a CSV file.
- To import your contacts into the latest way to manage contacts in Act-On, follow the instructions in Import Act-On Contacts from a CSV or a Marketing List.
For more information, see Getting Started with Act-On Contacts.
- If you use Act-On Marketing Lists, the previous way to manage your contacts in Act-On, follow the instructions in List Management Overview.
What Good Looks Like (so far)
Check that you are able to see your contacts available in either Contacts > All Contacts or Contacts > Marketing Lists. For example:
Step D: Create a Contacts Segment
Now we'll create a segment of contacts to use in this training. Make sure that the contacts won't mind receiving training emails.
Step E: Create a Test List Segment
Finally, we'll create a test list segment containing a single contact to use when testing emails. Make sure you have access to the email for this contact so you can check the test email yourself.
What Good Looks Like
Your contacts available, with a segment of contacts (who won't mind receiving training emails) to use in this training:
A test list segment with a single contact (whose email you have access to) to use when testing email:
There's More to ContactsNow you have your contacts in Act-On, there's more you can do with them to drive your marketing campaigns. See Advanced Contacts Features.