The synchronization can include Salesforce standard fields and custom fields. The following items can be synchronized into Act-On as marketing lists on a scheduled basis as often as every 4 hours or on demand:
- All Leads
- All Contacts
- Salesforce Campaigns
- Salesforce Reports (Import only. Cannot push data back to a SF report)
- Accounts (Only if Account Based Marketing is enabled. Cannot push data back to Account fields)
- Opportunities (Only if Account Based Marketing is enabled. Cannot push data back to Opportunity fields)
- Hard bounces (Cannot be pulled; only pushed to Salesforce)
- Opt outs
Act On can perform the following actions in Salesforce:
- Create new Leads through form submits, list pushes, etc.
- Update/edit Salesforce standard and custom fields on Leads/Contacts (excluding lookup and formula fields)
- Create Salesforce Campaigns, add Leads/Contacts to Campaigns, and update member status
- Create Salesforce Activity History record as a completed task based on Act-On events (submitted form, sent marketing email, etc.)
- Create Salesforce tasks
- Create Salesforce Events via Automated Programs
- Create Salesforce Opportunities via Automated Program
- Create Salesforce Accounts via Automated Program
In addition to these capabilities, Act-On reads fields from Opportunities and Campaigns for revenue reporting within the Act-On interface.
This guide details the Act On integration app and the required permissions within Salesforce that are necessary to perform the actions above and properly setup the synchronization.
Please note: You must be logged into Salesforce as a system administrator in order to perform the tasks in this section.
Only one Salesforce user account is used as the “connector” to your Act On account. Act On will only have visibility into the Salesforce objects, fields, and record types that the Salesforce user account has access to.
While not required, Act On recommends that you create a dedicated Salesforce user account for this purpose. The profile associated with this user must have at minimum the permissions described in this section. You can either create a new profile or use an existing profile with the permissions enabled.
To create a new profile with required Act-On permissions:
- Navigate to Setup > Administration Setup > Manager Users > Profile
- Click New Profile to create a new profile (e.g. Act On Sync)
- From the profile edit page, enable the following permissions.
Required Administrative Permissions:
- API Enabled
- View Reports in Public Folders
- Edit Tasks
- Export Reports
Required Standard Object Permissions:
- Accounts: Read
- Campaigns: Read/Create/Edit/Delete
- Contacts: Read/Create/Edit/Delete
- Leads: Read/Create/Edit/Delete
- Opportunities: Read
- Enable Read access on any custom objects that you would like Act-On to have access to.
- Act On can integrate with custom object that are related with Leads and Contacts. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
- Edit Record Type Settings to select only the record types you want Act On to have access to.
- Drill down on objects in field-level security settings and block unneeded fields that are not required for marketing purposes. Please keep in mind that synchronizing too many fields may negatively impact sync performance. Generally, fewer than 100 fields are required to sync between Salesforce and Act-On across all objects.
Installing the Act-On AppExchange package allows you to:
- Add Act-On as a tab in your Salesforce account
- Add Visualforce pages within the Lead/Contact page layouts to have an inline view of the Act-On activity history for a Lead/Contact
- Add buttons for “Send Act On Email” and “Act-On Activity History” and “Send Act-On Mass Email” to the Salesforce page and search layouts
|Acton_Activity_History||Lead||Button or Link|
|Send_Act_On_Email||Lead||Button or Link|
|Send_Act_On_Mass_Email||Lead||Button or Link|
|Send_Act_On_Email_to_Report||Home||Button or Link|
|Send_Act_On_Mass_Email||Contact||Button or Link|
|Send_Act_On_Email||Contact||Button or Link|
|ActOn_Activity_History||Contact||Button or Link|
|Add_to_Act_On_List||Campaign||Button or Link|
|Act On Behavior Score||Lead||Custom Field|
|Act On Behavior Score||Contact||Custom Field|
|ActonAccountNumber Layout||AccountInfo||Page Layout|