You can add a reCAPTCHA field in Act-On forms for an extra measure of security. If you are seeing a large number of form submissions with blank or inconsistent data, you may have spambots completing your forms. Placing a reCAPTCHA field on the form will prevent this.
Follow the steps below to add a reCAPTCHA field in your Act-On forms.
- Navigate to Content > Forms
- Create a new form, or edit an existing form
- Drag the Captcha block into your form:
- As a best practice, drag your reCAPTCHA to the bottom of the form, right above the Submit button
- Click the Alignment drop-down, and choose a center, left, or right alignment
- Click OK
- Save your form
Troubleshooting & FAQs
What version of reCAPTCHA does Act-On use?
We are currently providing reCAPTCHA v2 on New Forms and Classic Forms.
Using reCAPTCHA on a Mirror Form
If your site hosts a custom form that you are posting to Act-On, the reCAPTCHA field belongs on the form that is hosted on the site. Do not place a reCAPTCHA field on the Act-On form, as the captcha will not function as desired.
Error: "Unable to Submit Form. The captcha for the form is not configured to work for this domain. Please notify the form administrator."
- Is the Act-On Form embedded on your site?
- Does your Act-On account have an SSL certificate set up? See Adding an SSL Certificate to Your Custom Marketing Domain
- Does your website have a Referrer Policy that allows information to pass externally? See Referrer-Policy (Owasp.org)
- We recommend a "no-referrer-when-downgrade" policy, however, any policy that provides referrer data will function.