This article presents the basics of using Act-On’s Google AdWords integration: accessing it, understanding it, and using it.
Access Google AdWords
To connect your AdWords account with Act-On you will first need to locate your Google Adwords ID before establishing the connection within Act-On:
- Log into your Google AdWords account.
- Your ID is located on the top right corner of your home screen.
Connect Act-On to Adwords
- Click Settings > Connectors
- Under the Google Menu, click Adwords
- Click Connect
- A new window will appear, enter your AdWords Customer ID and click Submit.
- Act-On will prompt you to go to your AdWords account, click Accept.
- Once you’ve added your AdWords Customer ID, configure your account to track individual ads, click Configure.
- Act-On will prompt you to enter your Unique Ad Parameter. Once you’ve entered your parameter, click Submit.
- If you are using Default parameters from Google Analytics, enter the parameters as shown in the below image.
- If the values are not populated, you will not see AdWords Report data for Leads, Leads/Click and Cost/Lead.
If you are unsure how to configure your Unique Ad Parameter or are unsure what the parameter refers to, see the Google AdWords reporting FAQ
Note: This parameter is required for Act-On to associate incoming leads from AdWords with their respective costs, so while it is optional to set up, it is a required component for a primary feature of AdWords reporting to function.
- Click Inbound > Google Adwords Report
- Select your date range and your display type
- In the Keywords by ad group view, you will see the various keywords enabled. Click on a number in the table to see an expanded view of ad metrics, including clicks and device types.
- In Ads by ad group, you will see your ads. Click on a campaign/category to expand the ads – you will see each ad as it displays in search results.
- Status: The current status of the campaign. The states of each campaign can be enabled (green checkmark), paused (yellow triangle), or deleted (red 'X').
- Max CPC: This is the maximum cost-per-click amount you have agreed to pay for each click
- Clicks: The number of clicks your ad has received
- Impr: The number of impressions your ad received. An impression is a display of the ad to a unique visitor.
- CTR: The click-through rate of the ad
- Avg. CPC: The average cost-per-click of your ad
- Cost: The total cost of your ad
- Google Conv: Conversions on goals defined in Google AdWords
- Avg. Pos: The average position of your ad in the list of ads displayed
- Leads: The number of leads generated from the ad
- Cost/Lead: The cost per lead from the ad
- Conv. Rate: The conversion rate of clicks to leads from the ad
- Click the Refresh link to see the most recent data in your report.
- Click the Download link to download a .CSV file of your report or Print to print it
Important: If you currently have a the extension Adblock Plus enabled on your Chrome Browser, this will disable the ability to activate the Adwords Connector within the Act-On Platform.
To disable the extension:
- Go to the SETTINGS area of Chrome
- Go to EXTENSIONS, uncheck the checkbox that says Enabled
- Refresh your browser and everything should be back to normal
If Adblock Plus is visible in your Chrome extensions menu, you can use these steps instead:
- Navigate to the top right of your browser, click on the ABP icon
- Click on enabled for this site to disable it
- Refresh your browser