Maintaining a consistent list schema across your lists is an essential aspect of managing your lists. Consistency ensures that your email personalization always works when sending emails to multiple lists.
System usage fields are basic contact field names for Email Address, Name, Address, Phone Number, and Website.
Follow the steps below to map your lists' field names to system usage fields.
- Navigate to Contacts > Marketing Lists
- Or, Contacts > Other Lists > Form Submissions / Webinar Lists
- To the right of the list, click the drop-down arrow
- Click Maintenance > Identify List Columns
- Map each system usage field (in blue) to a corresponding field name in the list
- For example, the system usage field Contact's Email Address maps to the list field name Email Address
- There may be instances where some of the list field names will not map to a system usage field
- Typically, these field names are custom field names that are not based on standard contact fields
- Click Save
Identify List Columns can also be found after opening a list under More Actions > Identify List Columns and seeing a similar view to update your list mapping to standard fields.