Note: Your RSS feed isn't just for blog posts - you can use an RSS feed for ecommerce items that back in stock, social media updates, podcasts, or anything else that can fit in.
RSS to Email Dashboard
- Folders - You can quickly add, hide, and arrange folders. Click the plus sign to add a new folder, click the up or down arrow to arrange the order of your folders, or click the eyeball to hide specific folders.
- Draft - After designing your RSS to Email message you will not be able to immediately send from the message composer (more on this under Create an RSS to Email message), instead the messages will appear under the Draft tab. Clicking on the message will preview the message and if you click-and-hold, you can drag the message to one of the folders you created.
- Active - The Active tab shows all active RSS to Email messages.
- Completed - The Completed tab shows all completed RSS to Email messages.
- Down-arrow - Using the down-arrow you are able to preview, edit, schedule, copy, or delete the message.
RSS to Email messages can only be created from the RSS to Email dashboard, which includes a modified version of the message composer.
Create an RSS to Email Message
- Click Outbound > RSS to Email
- Click New and design your message as you normally would
- Drag the RSS block into a new or existing section and the RSS window will open
- Locate your RSS Feed URL from your website (you may need to work with a web developer to get it), and paste this into RSS Feed URL field
- Set the RSS Format and check whether to include the Published Date or Author
- Full Content - Will pull all content into the message body.
- Summary Content - Will pull the first few lines of content into your message and include a Read More link.
- Title Only - Will only include the hyperlinked title of your content.
- Set the alignment of the RSS Feed (left margin, center, or right margin)
- Choose how many RSS Items you would like included in your message (up to 10)
- Click OK
- From the Review tab you can preview your message with the included RSS Feed
- If your message is looking good, click Save and you will be brought back to the RSS to Email Dashboard
- Hover over your message and click the down-arrow > Schedule.
- Choose either Send now or Day Of Week
- If you choose Day Of Week, fill in the sending schedule you would like your message to follow
- Click Schedule
Note: RSS to EMAIL only pulls from your most recent content, so if you send a message with 5 RSS items and then try to send another RSS to Email message without adding new content to your website or blog, you will have no RSS items to include in the message.
View Message Reports
After you have successfully sent your RSS to Email message you will be able to view how your message performed in both your Sent Message Report and Failed Message Report.
Sent Message Report
- Navigate to Outbound > RSS to Email
- Click the Completed tab
- Hover over the message you would like to view the report for an click the down-arrow > Report
Failed Message Report
- Click Outbound > Other Messages > Failed
- Hover over the message in question to see why the message failed.