Essentials to Get Started
- Check to make sure your email is ready to be sent by using the Validate Message feature in the Review tab: How to Validate an Email Message for Sending
- After confirming that your message is ready to be sent, click on the Send tab.
- Select an email send method. To find out more: Choosing an Email Send Method
- Send at the following time
- Send in the recipient's time zone
- Send over time
- Adaptive Sending
- Input the Date and Time your email will be sent out.
- Select the time zone for your date and time.
- Click Submit Launch Request
- After confirming that your information looks correct, click Schedule.
You can see that your message is scheduled by going to Outbound > Scheduled.
While your email is Scheduled, it is locked for editing. To make changes or to cancel the message, hover over the title and click move to drafts. You will be prompted to add a note, but this is not required.
Note on Total Recipients
The contacts who receive your email will be determined at the scheduled launch time rather than when the message is created. Act-On will always re-evaluate the contacts in a segment just before sending a message.
When you schedule your message to send, you choose a segment of 100 contacts. Then, 25 new contacts enter the segment before the message launches. If there are no suppressed contacts, the message will be sent to a total of 125 recipients because that is the total number of contacts who appear in the segment at the time of launch.