Sending Act-On Emails to Salesforce Reports
- You must have version 1.83 (or above) of the Act-On Salesforce package installed.
- The Salesforce user connected to your Act-On account (i.e. the connector user) must be a Salesforce Classic user (not a Salesforce Lightning user).
- The connector user must have permission to see/run the report being emailed. I.e. the report should be saved in a public folder.
After upgrading to version 1.83 (or above) of our Salesforce package, you can provide Salesforce Lightning users the ability to send Act-On email messages to Salesforce reports. Follow the steps below to set up this functionality within Salesforce Lightning:
- Make sure you have upgraded your Salesforce package to the latest version
- While In the Lightning account Home page, click the Setup icon
- Under Setup, click Edit Page
- Drag the Visualforce component to the desired location on the layout:
- Under “Visualforce Page Name” in the right-hand side panel, select Send to Report
Important: Do not select any of the other Act-On add-ons (Add to Act On List, Send Act On Email). These are not designed to be used on the Home page and will likely break it.
- Set Height to 50px
- Click Save
In the section you selected on your home screen, there will be a custom link to send Act-On email to your existing reports.
Using the feature
To send Act-On email to an existing Salesforce report, simply follow these steps:
- Click on the Send Act-On Email to Report link
- Select the report you want to send to
- Click Send from the upper right corner
- Complete the message send in the Act-On message composer
- If the custom link requires you to log into an Act-On account, make sure that the email addresses match between your Act-On and Salesforce Lightning accounts (your Act-On admin can confirm this)
- When creating Salesforce reports, sales users need to make sure their reports contain:
- Lead ID or Contact ID
- Owner ID (if email signatures use sfowner.xxx variables)
- Any reports must be accessible by the user associated with your Salesforce connector (not just the Lightning user)
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator, and click Setup.
- Click Customize on the left.
- Click Home.
- Click Home Page Components.
- Create a new custom component. We recommend calling it “Act-On”.
- Next, edit the Act-On component and you will see a new custom link: “Send_Act_On_Email_to_Reports”.
- Add a custom Act-On link.
- Go to Home Page Layouts and edit the home page.
- Click on the checkbox for customer links under the Narrow Components to Show section.
- Save the page layout.
This will enable the custom link on the page layout to send Act-On email to reports. Once selected, you will be able to create a new message, select a template or a previously-sent message to a Salesforce report.
- Lead ID or Contact ID
- Owner ID (if their signatures use sfowner.xxx variables)