- You must have version 1.85 (or above) of the Act-On Salesforce package installed.
The Salesforce user connected to your Act-On account must be in Classic mode.
- Salesforce Lightning is now supported in package version 1.85. See our Upgrade instructions to get the latest package.
- The connected user must have permission to view the report.
- All Sales Users should review our recommended browser settings for our CRM Integration users, such as having their pop-up blocker disabled.
- The report should be saved in a public folder.
Note: Reports do not need to be imported to Act-On lists prior to using this feature. The Send to Report feature will import any existing report that Act-On can access.
- Log in as a Salesforce System Administrator.
- From the Salesforce Sales Home page (or any other page you want the button to appear), click the Setup icon
- Under the Setup menu, click Edit Page.
- Scroll down the Components menu to find the Custom Managed Component for Act-On, "Acton_Report_Email_Button"
- Drag the component to the desired location on the layout.
- Click Save at the top right. Activate the page now, or later if needed.
In the section you selected on your home screen, there will now be a button to send Act-On email to your existing reports.
When editing your Lightning home page, make sure to Delete the old Send Act-On Email to Report link by hovering over and clicking the trash can icon.
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator, and click Setup.
- Navigate to Customize > Home > Home Page Components.
- Under Custom Components, click New.
- Provide a name. We recommend calling it “Act-On”.
- Type = Links.
- Click Next.
- In Step 2, you will see “Send_Act_On_Email_to_Reports” under Custom Links not to show. Click on the link in the left-hand column and then click the arrow pointing right. This will add the link to the right-hand column.
- Once the Send Act-On Email link shows on the right for Custom Links to show, click Save.
- Next, add the custom link to the Home page in Salesforce. To do this, go to Customize > Home > Home Page Layouts.
- Find the home page for your Sales users (or use Default) and click Edit.
- Under the Narrow Components to Show section, click on the checkbox for Act-On.
- Click Next.
- Move Act-On to the Left or Right column as desired. We recommend using the Narrow (Left) Column for this link.
Using the feature
To send Act-On email to an existing Salesforce report:
- Log in to Salesforce and go to the Home page
- Click on the Send Act-On Email to Report link (Classic) or button (Lightning)
- Select a report*
- Click Send from the upper right corner
- Create and send your message using Act-On's Email Composer
* Reports must include the Lead ID or Contact ID
Error: The Report must include Lead ID or Contact ID and at least one record
If you are seeing this error, there are several potential causes.
- First, make sure the report contains:
- Lead ID or Contact ID
- Owner ID (if email signatures use sfowner.xxx variables for personalized messaging)
- Next, have your Salesforce System Administrator review permissions:
- Reports must be accessible by the user sending the email
- The user has a Salesforce license (not Salesforce Platform or others)
- The user’s Profile is permitted to use Oauth for the Act-On Lightning Support App. See our Installation Guide for more information and instructions.
Error: Your Salesforce.com session has expired.
If you receive an error that your Salesforce session has expired, but you are able to access all other Act-On components (eg Contact Reports), have your Salesforce System Administrator confirm the permission settings and Oauth settings have been configured.
See our Installation Guide for more information and instructions.
Error Fetching Report Info
If a user sees this error when trying to use the Send Email to Report in Lightning, they may not have API permissions. This is a required permission to send Act-On Emails to Lightning reports from within Salesforce.
Solution: Ask your Salesforce Administrator for API access.