- You must have version 1.83 (or above) of the Act-On Salesforce package installed.
- The Salesforce user connected to your Act-On account must be in Classic mode.
- The connector user must have permission to see/run the report being emailed (i.e. the report should be saved in a public folder).
- The Salesforce Report must be accessible by Act-On via the Salesforce user.
Note: Reports do not need to be imported to Act-On lists prior to using this feature. The Send to Report feature will import any existing report that Act-On can access.
- Log in as a Salesforce Administrator.
- From the Salesforce Home page, click the Setup icon
- Under the Setup menu, click Edit Page.
- Drag the Visualforce component to the desired location on the layout:
- Configure the component using the menu in the right-hand column.
- Change the Label name to "Act-On" (or hide it).
- Under Visualforce Page Name, select Send to Report
Important: Do not select any of the other Act-On add-ons (Add to Act On List, Send Act On Email). These are not designed to be used on the Home page and will likely break it.
- Set Height to 50
- Under Set Component Visibility, you can set a filter to control what users have access to the feature as needed.
- Click Save at the top right. Activate the page now, or later if needed.
In the section you selected on your home screen, there will be a custom link to send Act-On email to your existing reports.
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator, and click Setup.
- Navigate to Customize > Home > Home Page Components.
- Under Custom Components, click New.
- Provide a name. We recommend calling it “Act-On”.
- Type = Links.
- Click Next.
- In Step 2, you will see “Send_Act_On_Email_to_Reports” under Custom Links not to show. Click on the link in the left-hand column and then click the arrow pointing right. This will add the link to the right-hand column.
- Once the Send Act-On Email link shows on the right for Custom Links to show, click Save.
- Next, add the custom link to the Home page in Salesforce. Go to Customize > Home > Home Page Layouts and edit the home page.
- Under the Narrow Components to Show section, click on the checkbox for Act-On.
- Click Next.
- Move Act-On to the Left or Right column as desired. We recommend using the Narrow (Left) Column for this link.
- Navigate to Salesforce Home to review the layout and test the link.
This will enable the custom link on the page layout to send Act-On email to reports. Once selected, you will be able to create a new message, select a template or a previously-sent message to a Salesforce report.
Using the feature
To send Act-On email to an existing Salesforce report, simply follow these steps:
- Click on the Send Act-On Email to Report link.
- Select the report you want to send to:
- Note: If the report cannot be imported, you will not be able to proceed from the selection screen.
- Click Send from the upper right corner.
- Complete the message send in the Act-On message composer.
- If the custom link requires you to log in to an Act-On account, make sure that the email addresses match between your Act-On and Salesforce accounts. Your Act-On administrator can confirm this.
- When creating Salesforce reports, make sure the report contains:
- Lead ID or Contact ID
- Owner ID (if email signatures use sfowner.xxx variables for personalized messaging)
- Any reports must be accessible by the user associated with your Salesforce connector (not just the sales user)
- Sales users are limited to 200 recipients in an outbound message, so the report cannot have over 200 contacts to use this feature.