Please note: The Email Opt Out checkbox field must be set to "visible" for your Salesforce Contacts and Leads before you can take advantage of this feature. See Enabling Opt-Out Permissions in Salesforce for instructions to do this.
- Go to Settings > Data Management and select the Sync Schedule tab
- At the bottom of this page, select the pull/push options for opt outs:
Pull Opt-Out from CRM
Pulls in any Contact or Lead records from Salesforce where the default Email Opt Out field is checked and adds their email to the Act-On Opt-Out list.
This sync does NOT process Opt-Ins. If a contact/lead is in the Act-On Opt-Out list and the Email Opt Out field in Salesforce is unchecked by a user, the record will not be removed from the Act-On Opt-Out list - this must be processed within Act-On manually. See instructions for re-subscribing a single contact.
Push Opt-Out to CRM
Pushes the entire Act-On Opt-out list to your Salesforce account.
Updates the default Email Opt Out field in Salesforce:
- to checked if they are on the Act-On Opt-Out list
- to unchecked if they were previously opted out but have opted back in within Act-On
- If desired, set the Synchronization Schedule for a recurring sync.
- Click Save at the top of the page. The Opt-In/Out sync will run on the next scheduled time.
You can also click Sync Now to immediately initiate a CRM sync, which will push/pull your Opt-Outs as configured.