Using Bullet Proof Buttons in Emails
This is important because the majority of email clients block images by default. You want to include attractive buttons in your email message, but relying on graphic image buttons means that in many cases your call to action will go unseen.
The Bullet Proof Button tool solves this problem by inserting a visually compelling button with rounded corners that uses only HTML/CSS and displays perfectly in most email readers.
- Create or edit a new email message.
- Hover over the Rich Text Block, and click the Pencil icon.
- Position your cursor where you want the button to appear.
- Click the Insert Act-On Bullet Proof Button icon.
- Enter the link text
- The button color
- Corner rounding information.
- Enter the URL or click the icons to link to an Act-On form or landing page.
- Click Insert Button.
Center the Button
By default, the bullet proof button will insert as left-justified. To center it:
- From the Button modal, click on Align
- Select Center from the drop-down menu
You can also personalize the bullet proof button by inserting a personalization field into the button's link text. For instance you could insert the first name to create a call to action button like 'Claim your offer, Joe.'
- Click on the Button to retrieve the modal
- Add the personalization field* and Save
* If you need the syntax for personalization field(s) you may follow the steps below
- Position your cursor into the rich text block.
- Click Insert Personalization Field.
- Select the field name you wish to insert.
- Click Insert.
- Coy the tag and delete from the content