Anchors are frequently used in messages containing a significant amount of content (e.g., newsletters with numerous articles). They allow message recipients to navigate directly to specific sections of a message.
You can add a list of links to different sections of the message, allowing users to navigate to a section quickly and easily. You can also add links that go to anchors within your Act-On Landing Pages.
Note: Anchor links are not supported by all browsers and devices - mobile apps in particular tend not to support them. Make sure to test your email in whatever browser(s) that most of your contacts will be using.
Add an Anchor
- Open your email message
- Hover over the Rich Text Block and click the Pencil icon to edit
- Highlight the title or first word of the section where the anchor should go
- Click Insert/Edit Anchor (Anchor icon)
- Provide a name for the anchor (eg, 'myanchor1') that is:
- Letters and numbers only (no spaces)
- Click Save.
If there is an anchor icon where you just added the anchor, you've done it successfully:
Link to an Anchor
Link to an Anchor on the same Message or Landing Page
- Highlight the text to link to your anchor and click Insert/Edit Link
- Select the anchor link you just created from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save
Link to an Anchor on a different Landing Page
(Note this cannot be done within emails, as you cannot link to an email message inside an inbox, however you can link to a Landing Page anchor from within an Email Message.)
- Exit the editor, then to the right of the Landing Page, click the down arrow and select Get Public URLs
- Copy the public URL for that Landing Page
- Open your second Landing Page (or Email Message), highlight the text to link to your anchor, and click Insert/Edit Link
- Add the Public URL, a # symbol, and the ID of the content block with no spaces, like in this example:
- Click Save