Bottom of Funnel Email Guide
Let’s get started with creating triggered emails to help close deals! You can help generate further interest and education at the bottom of the marketing funnel.
Developing a buying process is an important part of understanding your prospects and provides a framework for delivery of the right content & message, at the right time. Successful delivery of content targeted to prospects at the bottom of your funnel will help move them out of the funnel and get them ready for Sales Qualification.
In this step you will need to define what your bottom of funnel will be, along with a lead score range we will be using in a few steps.
- Go to Contacts > Marketing Lists > Create a Segment (off your main list)
- Define a query segment for each funnel stage
- Add a profile attribute based on the "Lead Score" field you just created
- Click Automation > Automated Programs > New
- From the General Settings tab
- Enter a Name and an optional description for your program.
- Click Add next to Source Lists to select any list or segment that you would like to associate with this program. You can repeat this step to associate multiple lists and/or segments with the program.
- Once the program is running, your source lists will be checked periodically to look for new contacts to enter into the program and will update the contacts Activity History - you can also modify your scoring rules and create segments accordingly.
- From the Program Messages tab
- Click Add Program Message.
- Choose any existing template, draft, scheduled, or sent message as a starting point for your new message.
- Once the message has been added to the program, hover over it and click Edit to make any changes to the content.
- Note: any edits you make on the message within the program will not copy these changes to an original message selected from a draft or template
- From the Lists & Segments tab
- Click the Add List/Segment button and select the desired list or segment.
- Repeat the process as many times as needed.
- From the Program Flow tab
- Drag the step from the menu on the right side of the page and drop it into the desired location in your program flow.
- Hover over the step and click Edit to give the step a name, and specify its rules and actions.
- Click Done.
Automated programs can be edited at any time; however, the automated programs need to be stopped prior to making any adjustments. Once the program is stopped, you can add or remove the source lists assigned to it, change the schedule for entering new contacts, or add, remove, or modify any of your program steps. Keep in mind that it's recommended to avoid modifying a program once started, if possible.
To add a conditional branch for your follow-up email:
- Navigate to the Program Flow tab of your program.
- Drag the Branch step into your program.
- Hover over the step and click Edit.
- Add a step name and choose the option for If Prospect Was Sent, But Did Not Open Or Click On Message.
- Select your follow-up email and click Submit.
The stage definitions are starting points for typical kinds of stages. Complete the criteria that represent converting someone into this stage. Edit the stage name by selecting the stage on the left and clicking the Pencil icon. By clicking Add a new stage you are able to add up to seven stages in the funnel.
Starting with a Basic Lead Score Funnel gives you another great introduction to working with funnels. To setup a Basic Lead Score funnel:
- Click Reports > Marketing Funnels.
- Click the New Funnel button at the top right and select Start with a Basic Lead Score Funnel
- Enter a Funnel Name and Description.
- Complete the Configuration criteria.
- Click Create Draft Funnel.
To initialize your funnel:
- Click Reports > Marketing Funnels.
- Hover over the funnel, click the drop-down arrow.
- Click Initialize.
- Click Ok.