These steps duplicate an existing Form field to ask for double confirmation:
- In the Forms Composer, add any field that you would like the customer to enter twice (eg., Email address, Password, etc.)
- In the Field Mapping section, change the field and column names to indicate that this is not the official data (eg., "Unconfirmed Email)
- Click the copy icon to duplicate this field, then click OK
- Select your new duplicate field and update:
- Label to indicate that this is a confirmation field (eg., "Confirm Email")
- Field Name and Column Name to indicate that this is the official data (eg., "Email")
- Validation rule to require this field to match the original
- Click OK and save the form
In the Classic Forms editor, there is a dedicated Confirm Values block for this purpose.
- Click on Content > Forms
- Click New Form
- Hover over a current field and click New
- Choose Confirm Values
- Customize the following:
- Display Settings – Enter both Prompt and Confirm Prompt labels. Adjust the field width if necessary. The example shown is 'Enter Value' (prompt) and 'Confirm Value' (confirmation prompt).
- Input Validation – Specify any data restrictions that should be entered within this field. You can restrict the content to only allow numbers, phone numbers, or email addresses. In addition, you can make the field required by enabling the Make Required check-box.
- Data Field Name – You can map this field to one of the standard field names in your Act-On account by clicking the cylinder icon. You can also manually enter the field that will be created in the form submission list if you prefer.
- Click Submit
- Click 3. Finish
- Click Save