Most importantly: Do not delete the CNAME record on your current marketing domain until you have completed the transition to the new domain. Doing this will break several links within the platform, including the opt-out link in your previously sent emails.
To ensure that all Act-On features work with your new domain:
- Create a CNAME record and purchase/install an SSL certificate on your new marketing domain
- Go through the email setup steps of enabling SPF, DKIM, and Envelope Domain for this new domain
- Add a new opt-out link to your email footers, replacing the link to your previous domain
- For all external forms (Act-On forms embedded in your website and external forms that post to Act-On), update the URLs to reference your new domain
- Make sure to update any links that you have created or shared previously that link to Act-On content
A few weeks after completing this process, you can remove the CNAME record from your old domain. Note that your old Act-On links, including all links in emails sent before the domain change, will cease to function.