Requesting Approval for Email Messages
Administrators can specify if each user is able to launch their own email campaigns or if the email campaigns require the approval of an Act-On Administrator.
If a marketing user has an approver assigned, when sending a message they will have the option to submit for approval to send immediately or at a scheduled future date.
Once a marketing user submits a message for approval, the assigned approver will receive an email notification that a message scheduled for launch needs approval.
Messages sent for approval are accessible by selecting Approvals from the Messages menu at the top of the screen. The specified approver can choose to approve the message or return to draft mode for additional changes.
Submit a Message for Approval
- Create the message
- On the Send tab of the email composer, choose the option to either:
- Send now
- Send at the following time
- Click Submit Launch Request.
Messages Awaiting Approval
- Hover over Outbound > Other Messages > Awaiting Approval.
- Hover over the message awaiting approval, and choose one of the options below:
- Reschedule – Allows you to schedule a different date and time when Act-On will launch the email message.
- Move to Drafts – Moves the email message to Outbound > Drafts.
Edit – When editing an email message, the message will be unscheduled from being sent.