Check if the Add-in is Disabled
- In Outlook's Account Information screen, check Slow and Disabled Add-ins and make sure that the Act-On plugin is always enabled.
- Next, navigate to Options > Add-ins
- Click Go next to Manage: COM Add-ins
- Make sure that the check box for the Act-On Outlook Extension is selected
Update Visual Studio and .NET Framework
If you continue to see error messages during setup, we recommend trying these technical steps:
- Begin by closing Outlook
- Install/Update/Repair Visual Studio 2010 by following these steps:
- Install/Update/Repair Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 by following these steps:
- Install the AOA plugin again, making sure that you do so as an Admin user
Reinstall the Plugin
If the plugin is still not loading:
- Uninstall the plugin and install it again
- Get the log file from the following folder on your computer:
C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Acton\ActonOutlookExtension\ActonOutlookExtension.log (make sure to replace "YOUR_USER" with the relevant user name)
If creating a ticket, make sure to attach this file to your request
Following these steps first will speed up the resolution of your issue.
Check the settings on your operating system. The notification comes as a system pop-up via the Outlook application. There should be a Notifications screen in your computer's settings that controls how these pop-ups appear.
In order to login via the Outlook Plugin, please ensure your password for Act-On does not contain any special characters. If this is currently set as a policy under your account profile, this restriction will have to be adjusted in order to use the plugin.
Other Issues - Uninstall
If the plugin is not loading or not functioning as expected, the best way to resolve is to uninstall it and then re-install.