Having errors when installing, or cannot find the plugin after completing the installation process? Check these steps.
Check if the Add-in is Disabled
- Open Outlook
- Go to Settings > Info
- Click to open Slow and Disabled Add-ins
- Find Act-On Outlook Extension
- Under Options, select "Always enable this add-in" and click Apply
- Next, navigate to Options > Add-ins
- Next to Manage: COM Add-ins, click Go...
- Select the check box for the Act-On Outlook Extension
- Click OK
Update Visual Studio and .NET Framework
If you continue to see error messages during setup, we recommend these steps:
- Close Outlook
- Install/Update/Repair Visual Studio 2010 by following these steps: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48217
- Install/Update/Repair Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 by following these steps: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-framework-runtime
- Install the AOA plugin again as an Admin user
Reinstall the Plugin
If the plugin is still not loading:
- Uninstall the plugin
- Install it again
- Get the log file from the following folder on your computer:
C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Acton\ActonOutlookExtension\ActonOutlookExtension.log (make sure to replace "YOUR_USER" with the relevant user name)
- Create a support ticket and attach this file to your request
Following these steps first will speed up the resolution of your issue.
Errors during Plugin Use
Check the settings on your operating system. The notification comes as a system pop-up via the Outlook application. There should be a Notifications screen in your computer's settings that controls how these pop-ups appear.
In order to login via the Outlook Plugin, please ensure your password for Act-On does not contain any special characters. If this is currently set as a security policy under your account profile, this restriction will have to be adjusted in order to use the plugin.
Outlook continues to crash
If the plugin is consistently crashing Outlook, check for your settings for any other plugins that have been installed. Act-On cannot guarantee compatibility with third-party Outlook plugins, and you may need to disable them in order to use Act-On Anywhere.