Important: This is our legacy package. We are no longer recommending installation of this version. If you do not have the legacy version installed, do not proceed with the instructions in this article. Instead, see our guide here for more information on installing our newest version of Act-On for MS Dynamics.
- Your Sales user(s) added to your Act-On account
- MS Dynamics System Administrator privileges
- Act-On subdomain
- The server which hosts your account (eg cixx.actonsoftware.com)
- Microsoft Windows operating system
- Act-On package tool for MS Dynamics
- Download here (.zip)
- Legacy Act-On package already installed in MS Dynamics
- ActOnCRMPortal version 9.x or earlier
Connect to MS Dynamics
- Download and unzip ActOn-MSDynamicsTool.zip
- Open the folder and run MSDynamicsTool.exe
- Next to Manage Connection, click the Dynamics button
- Select the applicable Version from the drop-down.
- Enter the URL with the port number specific to your configuration
- Enter the Username for your System Administrator
- For On-Premise instances, use the [Domain]\[Username] format
- For hosted instances (eg 365), enter the user email address.
- Enter the Password
- Click Connect
Confirm the Legacy Package is installed
Once connected, there will be a system log available to view where you can see the status of your Act-On package installation. It must be pre-installed to proceed.
If it is not installed, see our guide here for more information on installing our newest version of Act-On for MS Dynamics.
Register your Sales user(s)
- Enter your Act-On Subdomain
- Locate the user(s) you wish to register and check the box to the left of their name. (Users that are already registered will show on the right.)
- The Act-On subdomain should auto-populate.
- Enter the user's email address as registered in Act-On.
- Right click and choose Register. You will see a pop-up confirmation.
- Confirm by clicking OK.
- The user(s) will now show on the right side as registered.
- Close the tool and have the user(s) confirm access.