Act-On now fully supports Salesforce Lightning. To make use of these features, you must upgrade your package as well as make some configuration changes in your Salesforce account.
If you are currently using ActOnInfo 1.84 or below, follow this guide to upgrade to the most current version of the Act-On Salesforce integration package.
- Salesforce System Administrator username, password, and security token
- Act-On Marketing or Admin user credentials (optional)
- Pop-up blocker disabled
Installing the newest Act-On package requires some changes to settings in your Salesforce Setup. These changes should be done in the following order:
- Set up a Custom Domain (if not already configured)
- Install the new Act-On Package
- Pre-approve OAuth for your Act-On Users
- Review additional user permissions
- Add new Act-On features
Step 1: Set up a Domain for Salesforce
Note: Some Salesforce accounts already have this configured.
This step sets up a custom subdomain for your Salesforce account, which is required to use the Act-On Lightning app.
- Log into Salesforce as a System Administrator in Lightning mode
- Go to Setup> Company Settings > My Domain
- Click Add a Domain
- Enter the domain name
- Click on Check Availability
- Register Domain (Note: this can take a few minutes)
- Click on Login
- Click Deploy to Users
See Salesforce Help for more information on this setting and more advanced configuration options.
Step 2: Upgrade the Act-On Package
Note: When installing the package, a custom field will be created labeled "AccountId18char". This is a field necessary for our Account Report feature.
- Salesforce Administrators can Click Here to install ActOnInfo v 1.86
- Log in to Salesforce as a System Administrator
- Select Install for All Users
- Check the box to acknowledge this is a non-native Salesforce App
- Click Install.
Note: This may take a while. You will receive an email when the installation is complete.
Step 3: Pre-approve OAuth for Act-On Users
This allows users to access the Send Act-On Email to Report feature in Lightning.
- Go to Setup > Apps > App manager > Act-On Lightning Support > select Manage from drop-down
- Click Edit Policies
- Go to OAuth policies > Permitted Users > Admin approved users are pre-authorized > Save
- If you get a pop-up warning, click OK
- Scroll down and find the button "Manage Profiles"
- Check the box for System Administrator and any other Profiles for your Act-On Users (eg, Custom Sales Profile), click Save
See Salesforce Help for more information on this setting.
Step 4: Review Additional User Permissions
This new package requires some additional user permissions in order to use our new Lightning features.
- As System Administrator, go to Setup > Users > Profiles
- Select the user profile for your Sales team
- Go to System Permissions and click Edit
- Enable the following permissions (if not already on):
- API Enabled
- Run Reports
- View Reports in Public Folder
Step 5: Remove Deprecated Components
Some Act-On Components are no longer supported with this version.
- Send Act-On Email to Report (Lightning home page only). See Send to Report button for instructions.
- activityHistoryInlineContact (Visualforce Page on Lead and Contact layouts)
Step 6: Install New Act-On Components
Follow to these pages for instructions to add the new Act-On components: