If you already have SMS Opt-Ins but have not sent any SMS messages, you will first need to send an SMS opt-in confirmation message. This will send a one-time message to every contact who is already in your SMS Opt-Ins.
It is only required if this is the first SMS message you have to send and you have contacts in SMS Opt-Ins that you can send messages to.
Essentials to get started
- Go to SMS > Messages. When this is your first time here, you will be prompted to send your first opt-in message:
- Click Set Up Now to continue.
- In the SMS Message Composer, create a message to send that will confirm opt-in for your contacts:
- Click on simple or legalese to start with a template version
- Click on the calendar icon to add the Opt-In date:
- The unsubscribe language "Txt STOP to OptOut" is required and cannot be removed from the Message Text.
- In Message Preview, see how your message looks by choosing a recipient from the drop-down list.
- When you are ready, click Send Message to send now, or Schedule Send to choose a date and time.
After a few minutes, the message will send and you will see the SMS Message report by going to SMS > Messages.