We are working on a CRM contact clean-up campaign and setting up a process on updating their records in an automated way down the road. Here is what we are currently working with, the initial plans, and what we want to do with Act-On. We would love some solutions or feedback from the community on this process:
What We Have
- A list of our current customers. There is one main contact for each company. There are 624 main contacts, and each main contact has a range from 1 to 20+ additional contacts. This totals to roughly 4,100 additional and main contacts.
- Right now, the additional contact name and email are in the same column as the main contact's name and email. Ideally, if we wanted to use the personalized fields properly, we have to move the additional contact name and emails into different columns in Excel.
What We Want To Do
Our objective is to make sure we have a clean list of contacts at the end of the campaign. We want to create an email campaign for only the main contact. This email will include a list of their additional contacts that are underneath them (Name and Email Address). There would be two call-to-action buttons: a button confirming that the contacts look good and no changes needed (leads to a confirmation page), and a button to request changes to their contact's information (leads to a form to fill out their contact's correct info). I have included my example here.
- We want to know the best way to populate this data out on the email content. We know the personalized fields of using the brackets, but our problem is that a main contact may have just 2 additional contacts, while another main contacts has 7 additional contacts. If we have contacts with less than 7 additional contacts, we want the extra personalized fields to go away, essentially.
With all that said, here are my questions.
- First off, is any of this possible in Act-On?
- Are there any Excel tricks you used to move all this additional contact data into it's own fields. Do I even need extra fields for each additional contact name and email, or can they all land in one column?