Hi everyone. If you missed the product showcase webinar this morning, here's a quick re-cap of the product updates we discussed.
Product release windows are now region-specific
- Previously, we released our core product every other Thursday at 5pm Pacific Time. We now release every Tuesday. To address customer feedback about interruptions during business hours, we're now releasing on the following schedule:
- North American customers: Every Tuesday at 8pm Pacific Time
- EMEA customers: Every Tuesday at 6pm Pacific Time
- [Planned] Asia Pacific customers: Every Tuesday at 3pm Pacific Time
Consolidated view of contacts available from Contact Search
- One of our most popular customer requests is to show a consolidated view of contacts. Because Act-On today is based on lists, it’s easy to have duplicate instances of a single contact. To solve this problem, we implemented a contact search feature which is currently being rolled out to customer accounts.
- The Contact Search rollout will continue for the upcoming weeks and into next month. Customers will see a popup guide when this is available for your account which will walk them through how to use the feature.
- This consolidated view of a contact is provided via a new search option which will appear in the top navigation/menu bar. You can use this to find individual contacts, see which lists that person is on, and click through to the Contact Report.
New features for the Netsuite connector
- One of our ongoing initiatives is to continually improve our native CRM connectors. Most recently, we chose to focus on the Netsuite connector because it wasn’t at feature parity with the other native connectors. Over the last few months we’ve re-implemented parts of our Netsuite connector which has allowed us to add new features to make it closer in functionality to our other connectors.
- Specifically, we now support: 1) Improved support for segmentation; 2) Syncing email subscription status; 3) Using the revenue attribution report; 4) Activating the ABM module; 5) And controlling which objects and fields are synced.
Faster sync time for CRM connectors
- As we continue improving our CRM connectors we’ve been focused on improving the time it takes to sync data between Act-On and our supported CRMs. This is another popular request from the Community—customers asked us to reduce the time it takes to transfer data to and from CRMs.
- We’ve reduced the sync time for the Netsuite, Sugar, and Dynamics CRM connectors. As a result, we’re now only syncing changed records with these CRMs. Previously, we were sync’ing all data, so we’ve seen a substantial decrease in the amount of time it takes to transfer data.
- We’ve also reduced the sync interval for Marketing Lists from 4 hours down to 1 hour. Customers can now select 1 hour as the sync interval in the Marketing List sync configuration screen. Previously the minimum was 4 hours.
- This is currently available to all customers.
CRM connector error banner
- As we’ve been working on our CRM connectors we noticed that many connector problems were the result of a CRM connector which was not connected to the CRM due to an issue such as incorrect or expired credentials. We’ve also gotten a lot of requests from customers to provide an indication when a CRM connector was not connected. We solved this problem by showing a red banner error message whenever your connector is disconnected.
- This alert functionality has been rolled out to all customers.
CRM connector status emails
- As part of our effort to keep customers informed about the status of their connector, we implemented two new notification emails: One is sent to all administrators if the connector is not actively connected; the other is sent to all administrator when the connector is successfully re-connected. This provides confirmation that the connector is actively connected to the CRM and has been rolled out to all customers.
Select dark or light theme for left navigation bar
- Earlier this year when we changed the fonts and color of the left navigation bar, we got a lot of feedback about the low contrast of the new grey and grey color theme. Based on this feedback we created a color theme switcher which is available in the profile menu at the upper right of top navigation bar.
- This went live September 25.
Marketing List scrolling behavior
- We had a request on the Community to change the way Marketing List views behaved after working with a list.
- Previously, if you had a lot of lists and you scrolled down to work on one of them, when you exited, you’d end up at the top of the list of lists rather than where you just were. That meant you had to scroll back down if the next thing you wanted to do was work in that area. Now, after you finish working with a list and exit, you’ll be returned to the same spot on the list as you originally selected so you won’t lose context.
Don’t count “View in Browser” clicks
- Another popular request from the Community was a request for us to stop counting clicks on the “View in Browser” link which is included in emails. We’ve had a number of customers testing this feature and it’s now available in Labs.
- When you go to the Labs section and enable this feature, Act-On will change the way it counts these clicks. If you turn on the feature, Act-On will no longer count these clicks. If you turn off the feature, Act-On will go back to counting clicks on the “View in Browser” link.
- The switch doesn’t change the counts or recalculate historical data prior to changing the setting. It will only change the way the clicks are counted going forward from when the change was made.
- This gives customers the choice of counting these clicks in email reports or leaving them out.
Labs Forms data available in DataStudio
- If you’ve been using our DataStudio add-on product, you’ll know that we haven’t yet made Forms data available there. We’re working on a enhancement to DataStudio to add forms metrics into the available data for export from DataStudio. This will enable you to export both our older forms and current forms data via DataStudio.
- This is currently under development and I’ll add it to the Release Notes when it’s available.
Print email or save to PDF from the Email Composer
- Another usability improvement we’ve made based on customer feedback is the addition of a Print and Save menu item to the the dropdown in the Review and Send tabs in the Email Composer.This allows you to archive emails for future reference or save them for review within a team.
Automatic and free SSL certificates
- This improvement is part of our ongoing commitment to operational efficiency and streamlining the way customers experience our product. In addition to getting several requests for free SSL certificates, we had identified this as an opportunity for improving the way we onboard customers.
- With this change, all new customers will receive free SSL certificates which will be automatically renewed. This saves time and money and reduces the amount of time it takes to get started with Act-On
- We’re now working on embedding this feature with the Content > Branding > Domains section. In a few weeks, you’ll be able to go to this section enter your custom domain and we’ll provision it for you behind the scenes.
Print email or save to PD from Composer
- Another usability improvement we’ve made based on customer feedback is the addition of a Print and Save menu item to the the dropdown in the Review and Send tabs in the Email Composer. This allows you to archive emails for future reference or save them for review within a team.
Contact Report improvements
- Earlier this year, we made some updates to the Contact Report, which is the view of an individual contact you see when you click through on a person in marketing list or from a CRM. After the update, we got a lot of feedback through the Community about changes that our customers wanted us to make. We started rolling these out a couple of weeks ago and we’re continuing to work through the suggestions we received.
- So far we’ve updated the timeline view of the Contact Report to show soft and hard bounces, media links on hover over for click events, and adding filters for email sent, email open, and email click actions in the timeline.
Contact Report redesign
- As we continue our redesign improvements on the Contact Report you’ll see more improvements rolling out next month. We’re currently overhauling the UI to create a more readable layout as well as a detailed scoring view which includes multiple score sheets.
- We’ll have more details on this next month as we prepare to roll it out so watch the Community and monthly customer newsletter for updates.
Please sign in to leave a comment.