We’re excited to announce some big upgrades to our Rich Text Editor!
If you create content in Act-On, you’re no doubt familiar with our various text editors. We’re updating these for greater functionality, consistency, and efficiency. Take a look!
Look and Feel
- Clean, modern design
- Many icons redone for greater clarity
- White font support – Define a background color in the composer to see any light font color in the editor
- Tables – Use familiar table formatting options to add/remove/resize columns, cells, and rows with a single click
- Image Editing – Crop, resize, flip, or rotate an inserted image without leaving the editor
- URL Link Checker - Need to triple check that a link is valid? Click one button and skip the multiple test sends!
- Find and Replace - Quickly adjust words or format in bulk without needing to copy/paste to another application
We’re confident that these changes will make content management tasks easier and more efficient in the platform. But we’d love to hear your feedback – see below.
Q: When is the upgrade happening?
A: We are rolling the upgrade out gradually over the next few weeks. All customers should have access to the new editor by mid April 2020.
Q: What pages within the application are affected?
A: All areas in Act-On with the embedded rich text editor will be upgraded; this includes the Rich Text Blocks in all the asset composers, but also areas like updating your email signature.
Q: May I preview the changes?
A: Yes. We can enable the changes in any account on request. Please leave a comment on this post to request early access.
Q: How do I provide feedback?
A: We have many options for our customers to provide feedback. You can sign up in the Early Access program by adding a comment here or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also want to join the Design Partner Program to participate in the product development process. Our product team is always eager and available to discuss product enhancements or general requirements with customers.
Q: May I choose to continue using the old versions after the upgrade?
A: No. These changes are universal for all Act-On customers. We are confident that these improvements will deliver a better content management experience for our customers. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below, or you can contact our support team if you need assistance with the new editors.