We know you rely on side navigation and search to find your way around the Act-On application. We’re making improvements to the navigation menu and wanted to give you a heads-up of the upcoming changes.
When are the changes happening?
We’re currently in beta with a limited number of customers. If you’d like to gain early access to this or future updates, consider joining the Design Partner Program. We expect to release the changes to all customers in early July (current target date is July 15th).
The changes are mainly limited to visual enhancements and are isolated to the navigation and header. The changes you’ll see in these areas are:
1) Enhanced side navigation:
- More intuitive scrolling
- Refreshed icons
- Modern styling that reflects our new branding and ongoing design direction for both the light and dark themed navigation options
2) More prominently featured search bar:
- The search bar has been relocated to the upper left near the navigation
3) New position for the help center access button:
- Based on your feedback, we’re moving the help center button more out of the way and into the top navigation bar
What’s Not Changing?
- Nothing outside of the side navigation and top bar is changing. Composer tools that open in a separate tab are not impacted.
- The side navigation structure is not changing. All navigation links will stay where they are with the same names and groupings.
- The search experience is not changing beyond placement of the search bar.
Why are we making these changes?
These changes are done in part to address your feedback and in part to set us up for future design updates to the application. We’ve heard from you that the navigation scrolling needs to be improved. You’ve also let us know the position of the help center button can be frustrating as it can overlap with navigation or other content. We’ve also found that some of our customers were not aware of our recently released Contact Search feature. This update provides us an opportunity to deliver several small but somewhat related enhancements at one time to improve the experience at a fundamental level before moving on to more specific areas of the product.
How can you provide feedback?
We have many options for our customers to provide feedback. The Community is the ideal location to pose questions and suggest product ideas. You may also want to join the Design Partner Program to participate in the product development process. Our product team is always available to discuss product enhancements or general requirements and our design team is always interested in learning how you use the product and how we can deliver increased value for your marketing efforts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.