Act-On Contacts Beta: Automated Journey Improvements and more!
- New "Append to Segment" step replaces "Copy to List"
- Changing Early Exit options to allow "Append to Segment"
- Removed the "Add To CRM" list push policy option, as this is controlled by the All Contacts CRM sync
- Removed the Dynamic Campaign option for SalesForce
- Ensured that if Act-On Contacts is the source list, only Act-On Contacts segments can be selected in various areas of the journey builder
- Remove Score type fields for the Change Field step (these are updated automatically for CRM users, and will be available via List Maintenance soon).
- Improve the "Create from Template" option to allow picking Act-On Contacts as the source list.
- Prevent editing Act-On Contacts based programs in the Classic program editor.
In this context "Act-On Contacts" refers to a special "All Contacts" area of Act-On that is managed differently from Marketing Lists. When this feature is activated, you'll have the opportunity to pick a segment or list from Marketing Lists, or a segment from the "Act-On Contacts" area, and depending on what you pick, you'll see slightly different functionality in Automated Programs. We are currently beta testing this initiative with select clients. We've been working with your organization but I'm not sure if instances you work with have been involved. I'm happy to discuss further with you 1-on-1 if desired!
Thank you for sharing the update. Could you please explain more about the point number 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Point 5 - what do you mean by only Act-On Contacts segments can be selected in various areas of the journey builder? What other contacts segments would we be selecting?
Point 6 - I can still see the Score type fields in the Change Field Steps.
Point 7 - I could always select the Act-On contacts as a source list while creating an automation program from template.
Point 8 - What is and 'Act-On Contacts based programs' ?
Please sign in to leave a comment.