Open a New Export
- Navigate to Reports > Data Studio and select New Export
- Enter a Name and Description for this Export and click Next
Data Studio Exports are generated in 7 steps:
- Enter a Name for the report you are creating
- Enter a description (optional)
- Select a Data Set to work with:
- Email Messages
- Forms: Including Classic Forms and New Forms
- Landing Pages
- Webinars: From WebEx or GotoWebinar
- Webpages: Beacon Tracker data
- Select the check boxes for actions you want to export
- Select additional data settings, such as ignoring your registered internal IPs (recommended)
- Select any inclusive filters
Note: It is highly recommended to filter out data you will not be using. Data outside these filters will be excluded from the Export and cannot be retrieved later. However, limiting data with these filters will make reports much faster to generate and will cost fewer tokens.
- Click select under either Campaigns or Messages (or another content type based on your data set)
- Select the campaigns/content you would like to include
- Click Next.
Choose how data is grouped and
- Detailed log data provides a single line for every interaction, with no grouping (eg., for messages, a separate line for each open, click, etc.)
- Aggregated rolled-up data shows a single line for each check box you select (eg., for messages with Action Month selected, a single line for each month with only the totals shown for opens, clicks, etc.)
- Blue/black attributes will always apply to all data points
- Red attributes are shown for all standard fields used in your account – if you are not using this field across all of your marketing activities, you can still choose it but its totals might be blank
- Choose the fields to be used in your Export.
- Drag and drop in your desired column order.
- Check or un-check "Generate as Unique Metrics" as needed
- This function changes the kind of data provided. Instead of providing the total or aggregate data (visits/opens/clicks), it changes the report to include the number of unique visits/opens/clicks. For example:
- Check this box to determine "how many people visited a page". This reports a count of contacts who visited a specific page. (If a contact visited a page 2x, the report count would only be 1.)
- Lead unchecked to determine "how many times a page was visited". This reports the total times the page was viewed (if a contact visited a page 2x, the report count would be 2).
Add filter logic (equals, contains, etc.) for how to use that fields.
- Filters are Case Sensitive
- Multiple term filters must be entered on separate lines
Select the schedule for the Export
- On demand: You must manually click Generate each time you want to retrieve the data
- Daily/weekly: Includes the last 7 days' data only
Note: The time of day when you click Save will be used on future schedules
- Monthly: On the first of the month, exports the last month’s data
Choose delivery options
- Downloadable file, FTP, or a cloud storage option (these must be configured separately before exporting)
Note: If you are exporting to a subfolder on Dropbox, be sure that you prepend the subfolder name(s) with '/'
- Name for the file (append date if desired)
- CSV ZIP
- CSV GZ
Note: The ZIP or GZ options are best if you are dealing with a large amount of data. If you are experiencing slowness or unresponsiveness upon export, make sure a zipped format is selected
Email notifications can go to as many recipients as you like. The notification is a statement that the export is complete, so recipients should be informed separately of how to access the data.
Once you have configured all export definitions, click Finish and you are now ready to generate your reports.