A bidirectional relationship between Act-On and Infor CRM allows marketing users to push and pull data between the two systems, keeping Act-On lists synchronized with the Infor CRM database.
When using the Infor CRM integration you may use not only the Infor CRM standard fields for marketing and segmentation but all custom fields associated with leads and contacts as well.
When importing from Infor CRM you can pull your full list of leads or contacts into Act-On. Importing leads or contacts will create a list within Act-On that contains all of the individuals associated with a particular group so that you can send email campaigns to them, segment and manipulate the data, or add newly qualified leads to the list for creation in your Infor CRM account.
Import marketing lists
After you've connected your Infor CRM account with Act-On, you can begin to import your Infor CRM marketing lists. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Create a lead-level or contact-level field in Infor CRM that will accommodate the Act-On behavior score. You can call it 'Act-On Lead Score' or 'Behavior Score', for example.
- In Act-On, Click on Contacts, and choose Marketing Lists.
- Click Import and choose from the available lists.
- Change the name of the list being imported to Act-On if necessary.
- Click Next, and select any fields you want to import from Infor CRM to Act-On. The imported data can be used to make segments in Act-On, as well as personalized messages. Fields can be added and removed after the initial import. There are a couple of important fields to note:
- Email – Act-On uses email addresses to track behavior, so this is important to include
- Score – This is a new custom field created in Infor CRM via the Act-On connector (see step 1 above). It is meant to be used to contain the Act-On lead score. If you would like to see the Act-On lead score in Infor CRM then select this field.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to import other lists.
Once your marketing lists are imported from Infor CRM, it is important to make sure your Infor CRM and Act-On lists are synchronized. The initial import is only a one-time event. If you wish to keep the list synchronized with Infor CRM, automated sync can be enabled.
Follow the steps below to synchronize your Infor CRM lists with Act-On:
- Hover over the Infor CRM marketing list you wish to sync, and click the drop-down arrow.
- Choose Maintenance, and choose Infor CRM Sync Setup.
- Enable the option to push to and/or pull from Infor CRM.
- Typically, Act-On users will push the Act-On lead score to Infor CRM and pull all of the other values. To enable this, click the Push to Infor CRM checkbox, the update checkbox under Push, and then click on the Select Push-Update Fields link and select Score.
- After saving, click on Pull from Infor CRM. You can then choose to click the Add checkbox if you would like new contacts to be added to Act-On. Most users select this. Remove can be checked if you would like to remove contacts from Act-On that were removed in Infor CRM. Check the Update box under Pull and click on the Select Pull-Update Fields link and unselect Score.
- Click Schedule to set when you would like the sync to occur.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps for the other Infor CRM marketing lists you would like to keep in sync.
Synchronizing Infor CRM marketing lists to Act-On
If you wish to push the lead score back to Infor CRM, you will need to update the Lead Score column prior to the sync. This can be done with the help of a list maintenance program.
- Hover over the list to be updated, and click the drop-down arrow.
- Choose List Maintenance > Setup Maintenance Program.
- Enter a name for the program, and click Add a Step.
- Choose Change Field Value.
- Enter a step name, choose the Act-On Behavior Score field as the update field, and then choose to set it the value to the Behavioral Score.
- Click done and then click on the only when clicking the Now button link to set up the schedule.
- Set the schedule to be earlier than the sync you set up. For example, if the sync is to be set to happen at midnight, make sure the behavior score update is finished prior to the sync (e.g. 11 pm).
- Click Save, and then the Listing button to finish.
- Repeat these steps on any other lists that include the lead score.
The list is now set up to sync. Its listing will show the Infor CRM icon to the left, the gear icon for the maintenance program, and the calendar for the scheduled sync on the right.
Important! Lead Scores should only be pushed to Infor. When scheduling your list push, never set your CRM list to pull the Behavior Score field. This can cause a range of issues including incorrect scores and excessively long sync times.