Inserting Hyperlinks in Emails
How It Works
When a recipient clicks the hyperlink within an email, Act-On will place a cookie on their browser, making them a "known visitor". Next time the recipient navigates to your website you will be able to identify them by name and email.
By default, Act-On will change the URLs of all your hyperlinks to make them trackable in the system. If you would like a link to not be trackable, add this text to the very end of your link URL:
Insert a Hyperlink
- Create a new email, or edit an existing email draft.
- Hover over the Rich Text block, and click the Pencil icon.
- Highlight any text, or click on an image that you want to hyperlink.
- Click Insert/Edit Link.
Enter the URL (always use "http://" or "https://").
- Optionally, specify a target: open in the same or a new browser window.
- Optionally, add a title to this hyperlink for reporting purposes.
- Click Insert.
- Highlight any text or image that you want to unlink.
- Click Unlink (next to the Link icon)
- Follow the steps above to insert a new hyperlink.