Personalized From Addresses
To start using this feature, there are a few required setup steps:
- Make sure that the feature is enabled for your account
- To verify, check the Sender field of your outbound message for Personalized From
- If this option is not available, contact Support to have it enabled
- Make sure that you have completed Email From setup for each domain
- For example, if your sales users have emails that end in both @company.com and @company.biz, DKIM must be enabled for both of these domains
- Include sales owner names and emails in your marketing lists (see below)
Note: Check these emails to make sure the list does contains invalid emails (for example, emails for salespeople who have left your company)
Identifying Owner Name and Email in Your List
You'll need to tell Act-On where the Lead/Contact Owner Name and Email fields exist in your list(s). This information then can be used to populate your From address email and name.
- Click Contacts, and choose Marketing Lists
- Hover over the list, and click the drop-down arrow
- Choose Maintenance > Identify List Columns
- Scroll down to the fields called Owner Email and Owner Name. Click the dropdown for each and select the field that represents your sales owner's name and email in your CRM or external lists.
Note: This field must contain the sales owner's first and last name
- Click Save
If you do not have sales owner information in your lists, you need to add these columns to be able to use Personalized From. Here's how:
- Click the dropdown arrow on the right and select Maintenance > Change List Columns.
- Click Add Column, and enter a title for the column (for example, Owner Email) and click Submit.
- Click Save.
- Repeat so that you have both Owner Name and Owner Email on your list.
Note: The Owner Name field must contain the sales owner's first and last name.
- Populate these fields in your list with the relevant owner information.
You can now add the owner association using the steps above.
Add Personalized From to Emails
Remember: Email From setup needs to be completed for each domain before you send.
In the Sender field of your outbound message, select Personalized From. Your sales owner's information will now be used.
You may also want to set a different Reply to address to manage replies to this message. See this page for more information.