How It Works
When you enable a web analytics connector, links from Act-On emails will have UTM parameters added to them with information on the source, campaign, etc. that led the contact to your web page. Data is not passed between accounts with these connectors – rather, URL parameters are added to give you more insight in your external analytics account.
Set Up the Connectors
Note: These steps set up campaign tracking only. Adding Google Analytics to a form is a separate process.
To set up a web analytics connector:
- Navigate to Settings > Connectors
- Click Web Analytics
- Choose Google Analytics or Coremetrics
- Click on the box to Enable Google Analytics/Coremetrics
- Enter the domains tracked by these accounts
- If you're tracking multiple domains, enter each domain separated by commas
- Only use basic domains (for example, enter "act-on.com" only)
- Click Save