Prior to importing a list, make sure your Act-On account is integrated with your CRM.
Import a CRM list
Once the CRM connector is set up for your Act-On account, you can import your CRM lists.
- Click Contacts, and then click Marketing Lists.
- Click Import.
- On the Import New List page, select the list you want to import.
- Optionally, you can edit the suggested name for the new Act-On list to be created.
- Click Next.
- If selecting your All CRM Leads/Contacts list(s), you will be asked to choose which lead/contact fields you want to import.
- Click Finish.
Sync the List
Upon importing from your CRM, you can synchronize the list between your CRM and Act-On:
- To the right of the CRM list, click the green down arrow.
- Click Import/Export and select your CRM Sync Setup.
- Enable/disable the Push/Pull and Add/Update features.
- Click Select Push-Update/Pull-Update Fields to identify the CRM fields that Act-On can update.
- Click Add List Columns if there are other CRM fields you wish to import.
- Click Schedule to specify the frequency of the synchronization.
- Click Save.
- You can import the same CRM list multiple times, creating as many different Act-On lists as you need; but all of them are associated with the same source CRM list.
- Data from any of those associated Act-On lists will be pushed to the "original" CRM list.
- The association between the Act-On list and the CRM list from which it was first imported lasts until the Act-On list is deleted.
- Act-On doesn't make a distinction between contacts and leads imported from your CRM (except to remember which CRM lists they came from, so they can be pushed back, later).
- In Salesforce, each lead has a value in the Company field. When a Salesforce lead is imported, Act-On uses that value to populate the Company field in your Act-On list.
- In Salesforce, each contact may or may not be associated with an account. When a Salesforce contact is imported, Act-On uses the value of its Account field to populate the Company field in your Act-On list.
- This helps you avoid personalization errors if you use the Company field in your messages.
- If you change the value of the Company field in your Act-On list, pushing the data back to your Salesforce account doesn't affect the Account field in the Contacts list there.
- A list created from the saved results of a Salesforce report cannot be pushed back to Salesforce. You can re-import the results (typically because they've changed in Salesforce); when you do, you'll have two options for handling new and existing records.