Using Custom Touch Points for Lead Scoring
For example, if you attended a trade show and obtained a list of contacts, you may want to score that behavior (i.e., attending a trade show) in Act-On. To do this, follow the steps below.
- If the Custom Touch Points feature is not enabled on your account, please contact Act-On Support.
- Custom Touch Point lists can't be used for for sending messages. You can upload the same file as a Marketing List for emails and other marketing.
Create a Custom Event
- Click Contact > Other Lists > Custom Touch Points.
- Click the New button to create a list.
- Click the Choose File button to upload your Excel/CSV list, and click Next.
Identify Necessary Fields
- Specify the Date Format that you would like Act-On to use for this custom event list. This format should correspond with the date format in your list.
- Specify the Action that is specific to this event.
- You can identify the action as Downloaded Media, Registered for an event, Attended an event, General behavior, and General behavior 1 through 5.
- You can create up to six "user-defined" General Behavior actions using the Behavior Names button under Contacts > Other Lists > Custom Touch Points > Behavior Names
- Specify the field for the event date in the When field.
- Specify the Email field.
- Specify the Title field (Note: The Title field is NOT used for the contact's job title. It is for the event name).
- Specify the Notes field (Note: This field could be a 'description' field).
- Click Next.
- Click the button.
Once the Custom Event Log list is uploaded, provide a point system or score for these Custom Touch Points under Contacts > Scoring Rules. The Custom Touch Points actions are in orange italicized text.