Connecting to Dynamics will allow Act-On to:
- Synchronize the following:
- Create new Leads in MS Dynamics from Form Submissions
- Import and sync Marketing Lists, including:
- All Leads
- All Contacts
- Dynamic and Static Marketing Lists
- Use Automated Programs to update records with Act-On behavior
- Create notes when Act-On Emails are sent to your Contacts and Leads
You should not connect using this method. This will be deprecated by Microsoft in April 2022. To connect to Act-On, please use Oauth (instructions here).
365 On Prem:
You have two options to connect:
- OAuth: If your account requires MFA, you should connect via Oauth. MFA is not required to establish a connection with this method. Oauth is the most secure method of connection and we highly recommend choosing this configuration. Click here for instructions to connect using Oauth.
- Basic Auth (Requires Bypassing MFA with an App Password): If your administrator does not want to connect via Oauth, you can connect via Basic Auth and create an App Password. The App Password will authorize Act-On and bypass your MFA requirement when you connect. Connect to Act-On via Basic Auth using the instructions in this article. You will need:
- Username and App Password for your MS Dynamics Administrator account
- URL for your on-prem MS Dynamics account
All other Dynamics versions (2013, 2015, 2016):
To connect to Act-On using Basic Auth, you will need:
- Username and password for an Act-On Marketing or Admin user
- Username and password for your MS Dynamics Administrator account
- URL for your MS Dynamics account
Connect to Dynamics
- Navigate to Settings > Connectors > CRM > MS Dynamics
- Click Connect
- Choose Basic Auth
- Enter your credentials:
- Login (MS Dynamics Administrator username)
- Password (use an App Password if you are bypassing MFA)
- URL (for your MS Dynamics account)
- Account Type - choose the version of MS Dynamics you are using
- Supported Versions: CRM Integration Basics
- Select from the available sync options. See MS Dynamics Connector Options for more information on each of these choices.
- Click Login.
Once you are logged in and successfully connected, the page will reflect that the MS Dynamics connector is active.
Does Act-On support Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
Connections made using Basic Auth are not compatible with MFA-enabled Dynamics accounts.
If you have a Dynamics 365 account and need to keep MFA enabled, you can connect via Oauth. Dynamics 365 Cloud accounts should connect with Oauth, as basic auth is deprecated as of April 2022.
If your administrator does not want to connect via Oauth, you may be able to bypass MFA by creating an App Password. This includes accounts with licenses for:
- Office 365 for Azure Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory Premium
More information: Configure Azure Multi-Factor Authentication settings: App passwords
How do I choose which MS Dynamics user to connect?
We highly recommend connecting with a user that has a System Administrator role to avoid permission errors in data synchronization. If you want to see the minimum permissions for a different role, see Required Connector Account Privileges for Microsoft Dynamics.
Can I connect my Dynamics account to more than one Act-On account?
Yes. Please see our related article for more information on this setup.