Connecting to Dynamics will allow Act-On to:
- Synchronize the following:
- Create new Leads in MS Dynamics from Form Submissions
- Import and sync Marketing Lists, including:
- All Leads
- All Contacts
- Dynamic and Static Marketing Lists
- Reports (pull only)
- Use Automated Programs to update records with specific activity from Act-On.
- Username and password for an Act-On Marketing or Admin user
- Username and password for your MS Dynamics Administrator account
- URL for your MS Dynamics account
Connect to Dynamics
- Log in to your account at Act-On.com
- Navigate to Settings > Connectors > CRM > MS Dynamics
- Click Connect
- Enter your credentials:
- Login: MS Dynamics Administrator username
- URL: for your MS Dynamics account
- Account Type: choose the version of MS Dynamics you are using
- Supported Versions: CRM Integration Basics
- Select from the available sync options. This will impact what data is available in Act-On and how our data syncs with your MS Dynamics records. Select one:
- Import Only active contacts and open leads
- Filter out inactive marketing lists
- Filter out records without email addresses
- Update all duplicate records upon push sync
- Choose the entity type for new records sent from Act-On to MS Dynamics. Select one:
- Submit new records as leads / contacts by default.
- Click Login.
Once you are logged in and successfully connected, the page will reflect that the MS Dynamics connector is active.
Does Act-On support Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
Microsoft's new Azure Active Directory MFA policy does not support applications such as Act-On to connect to their API using a login that has MFA turned on.
Depending on your version of Azure Active Directory, you may be able to bypass this restriction by choosing an App Password. This includes accounts with licenses for:
- Office 365 for Azure Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory Premium
More information: Configure Azure Multi-Factor Authentication settings: App passwords
How do I choose which MS Dynamics user to connect?
We highly recommend connecting with a user that has a System Administrator role to avoid permission errors in data synchronization.
Can I connect my Dynamics account to more than one Act-On account?
Yes. Please see our related article for more information on this setup.