Act-On has a default Email Footer that will be included in your messages. Most marketers will want to customize this to match your branding.
Email Footers are used by the email marketing industry to provide legal disclosures and to provide contacts with basic information as necessary for regulations such as CAN-SPAM. Act-On will validate your email message before you send it. The footer must contain this basic information or you will not be able to send the email.
|Opt-Out Link||Required||There are several options for this link. See this article for more information.|
A link to your Subscription Management Form
This could be:
Using the Default Footer
By design, the Default Footer cannot be changed.
Create a Custom Email Footer
- Go to Content > Email Footers
- Click Add Footer to create a new Custom Footer
- Edit the Contents to include the minimum requirements
- Style the footer as desired
- The Email Footer is meant to be flexible to apply to multiple email styles.
- The text cannot be tiny or have low-contrast (eg white text on a white background)
- Below the HTML version, click on Generate Text Footer from HTML
- Depending on the Opt-Out link you used, you may also need to add it manually to the Plain Text version
- Click Save
Choose a Default Footer for New Messages
Once you are done creating, hover over the Custom Footer you want to use and click Make Default. This Footer will now be automatically applied when creating new Email Messages.
FAQs and Troubleshooting
Can I Customize the Opt-Out page?
Yes! To do this, go to Content > Email Footers > Custom Opt-Out Confirmation Page, hover and click Define. The editor is the same as our Landing Page editor. See our guide here for more information.
Can I use a two-click Opt-Out?
Yes, however this is a beta feature that currently cannot be customized. Any opt-out link that would be a one-click unsubscribe turns into a two-click opt-out. To unsubscribe, contacts must click the confirmation link.
You may contact support to enable this feature.
Why doesn't my Email Footer pass Validation?
Visit our article here for help on resolving Validation errors in the Message Composer: How to Validate an Email Message for Sending