Note: Connecting one SugarCRM account to multiple Act-On accounts requires you to use SugarCRM Teams and add those teams during the package installation. If you need any assistance on configuring the installation package for SugarCRM, please contact Support.
It is best to use the SugarCRM Teams feature in SugarCRM. For example, in Act-On account #1, connect with a SugarCRM user that is part of a non-global SugarCRM team. That team will only have access to the records for Act-On Account #1. In Act-On account #2, connect with a SugarCRM user who has access to another non-global SugarCRM team. That team will only have access to the records for Act-On Account #2. This workflow will allow the leads and contacts to be filtered before being pulled in to Act-On.
Here are a few things that you should be aware of when using multiple Act-On accounts to one SugarCRM instance:
- The Activity History displayed will be associated to the Act-On account in which your Sales User license is connected. In the event you would like to combine your Act-On accounts into one, it is important to note that the Act-On activity history cannot be merged or transferred or cross referenced. If you cancel an Act-On account, that history cannot be ported over to a new or existing account.
- It is a best practice to create multiple lead scores for each connected Act-On account to ensure that this field is not overwritten in SugarCRM from two or more Act-On accounts.
- Having multiple Act-On accounts means having multiple CNames and multiple webiste tracking beacons. Please ensure that all associated beacons are added to the web pages in which you wish to track.
- Cookie'd visitors cannot be merged, each record is cookie'd per account. One may be cookie'd in one account but anonymous in another.
- Lists will need to be imported to both accounts. You can control which records are imported into each Act-On account based on the connected team user.
- Form pushes could update/override existing data if pushing from two different Act-On instances.
- API calls are used from both Act-On accounts.