Act-On provides sales representatives with data on their assigned leads and contacts through the Sales User Portal view. Non-CRM users have access to the Website Prospector report, messages previously sent, and a general overview through My Act-On. Other features like Outlook integration, website prospector alerts, and Digest Email are also available.
Set up your Website Prospector report to only show the known and anonymous visitors in your territory:
- In the MS Dynamics Act-On portal, go to Pages > Dashboard > My Website Prospector. Then at the top right click More and select Content Filters:
- Underneath Show Visitors Click --all-- to open the editing options.
- In the first drop-down menu, choose Report visitors matching these criteria.
- In the following menus, choose relevant tracking information such as area codes, postal codes, states, or countries you’d like to view in the Anonymous Visitors view. This will include visitors who are not currently tracked by name, but by IP address only. Usually, these tracking options are set to correspond with your sales territory.
- Click Submit once you’ve finished making your selections, for example:
Set up your Website Prospector report to send digest emails:
- In the MS Dynamics Act-On portal, go to Pages > Dashboard > My Website Prospector. Then at the top right click More and select Digest Emails.
If you are still in the Content Filters screen (from the steps above), at the top right, click Digest Emails:
- In the Digest Emails screen, click on the name of a user you wish to receive a digest email.
- In the options that appear, select the Enable Website Prospector Daily Digest Email check box. In the And Also Send... box below, enter any other email addresses that you would like to copy on your daily report, for example:
- When you have finished, click Submit. Your settings appear in the Digest Emails screen:
My Website Visitors
The Website Prospector report allows you to track the activity of anonymous and known visitors coming to your website, as well as your Act-On Forms, and Landing Pages.
In the MS Dynamics Act-On portal, go to Pages > Dashboard > My Website Prospector to display the Website Prospector report.
- Time frame (top menu) – Choose the time frame that you are viewing. By default, this is set to 'Today' which shows all visitors from the current day only. To expand your search, at the top, choose a different time frame using the drop-down menu.
- Anonymous Prospects (upper left menu) – Displays anonymous visitors to your site. These are visitors who have not yet interacted with Act-On and therefore, are not known by name. Once you set website visitor Content Filters (as explained above), you will only see visitors for your designated region. In the Results list on the right, click the down arrow on the right for more options.
- Known Prospects (upper left menu) – Displays all known visitors to your website. If you have defined Sales Prospects lists, however, instead of Known Prospects, you will see two other options: Leads & Contacts and Marketing Prospects.
- Leads & Contacts allows you to see leads and contacts that you own in MS Dynamics CRM that have previously interacted with Act-On. This means that the system knows who they are and can tell you, by name, that they have visited your website.
- Marketing Prospects contains visitors that are known but no current account ownership has been assigned.
The Website Prospector report area provides a method for setting up alerts. If you have recorded visitors, in the Results list, click the down arrow on the right and select Add to Alerts to automatically set up a rule to alert you every time that person visits your website:
You can also set alerts for Anonymous Visitors and Marketing Prospects.
- In the MS Dynamics Act-On portal, go to Pages > Dashboard > Website Prospector Alerts:
- Click Add Alert to set up an alert with the criteria you define. You can add as many individual alert settings as you need with different conditions.
- The Alert box is set to send an email to you, however, you can add additional email addresses (separated by semicolons) to notify others in your company.
- Next, use the drop-down menu next to the if condition which allows you to select from a number of conditions. We recommend the State or Country condition allowing you to set up alerts for your territory.
- After selecting the State or Country condition, click the blue arrow on the right to select states and countries relevant to your territory, for example:
- When you have finished, at the upper right, click Save. A confirmation message appears.
My Sent Messages
If a message is sent on your behalf (from you) or by you via using the Outlook connector, these messages are displayed in the My Sent Messages section.
- In the MS Dynamics Act-On portal, go to Pages > Dashboard > My Sent Messages:
- Use the Sent (time frame) menu, the By (users) menu, and the Search facility to find the message you want.
- To view a Sent Message Report, hover over the message you want and click Reports:
- In the summary that appears, click Go To Full Report.
Once you have accessed your Sent Message Report, see How to View Sent Message Reports (Report Sections) for more information on how you can drill down into each one to see specific analytics.
You can modify your profile information in the Profile section. In the MS Dynamics Act-On portal, go to Pages > Dashboard > Settings > Profile.
- Name tab – Fill out your profile and make sure your time zone is accurate
- Password – Your sales users can update their password here at any time
- Addresses – By default, the marketing user has already defined the default address which appears at the bottom of each email message. However, you can enter a different physical mailing address if you like. Make sure to check with your marketing department prior to making any changes to your email communications.
The Signatures section allows you access to multiple signatures for use in email. In the MS Dynamics Act-On portal, go to Pages > Dashboard > Settings > Signatures.
- My Signatures – Generate as many custom signatures as you like. When creating an email, you can then quickly select which signature you wish to use for your message. Any signature generated here is specific to your account and is only accessible to you.
- Account Signatures – In addition to the personal signatures you have created in the My Signatures tab, your Act-On marketing users can create account-wide signatures which are available to all users. When creating an email message, you will have access to these account signatures as well.
You can send marketing-approved and created emails with just a few clicks. When a lead or contact clicks on emails sent through Act-On, you will be able to see their website visits by name and set up alerts for those prospects.
To send an Act-On email message you will be using either the Outlook Connector or the Act-On Software Google Chrome Extension for Gmail.
- Clicking on the Send Act-On Email button will present three options:
- Start With a Blank Message – This allows you to create an email from scratch
- Start from a Message Template – This is the option you will use most often. Your marketing team can create templates you can use to send emails to your prospects.
- Start from a Previous Message – This option allows you to view emails that you have sent in the past to reuse again for a new lead or prospect
- When starting from a message template or any previous email, you have the option to customize the email for your lead or contact
- After customizing the email or simply reviewing it for accuracy, ensure the 'To:' field is populated with the lead or contact’s email address
- Use the test option to send a sample email to yourself to check the formatting and click-through links in your message
- To send the email, click the Send button in the upper right corner. The email will be sent on your behalf to the lead or contact you chose.