By default, all Act-On users have the privilege to send outbound messages. Act-On Administrator may choose to limit launch privileges so that only specific users can approve messages that are sent.
When an Act-On user has an approver assigned, they will have the option to submit a message for Approval. This sends the message to the approver's queue, which must be approved prior to launching.
How to Submit a Message for Approval
- Create the message.
- On the Send tab of the email composer, choose the option to either:
- Send now
- Send at the following time
- Click Submit Launch Request:
How to Approve a Launch Request
Once a user submits a message for Approval, the assigned approver will receive an email notification that a message scheduled for launch needs Approval. To approve and send the message:
- Hover over Outbound > Other Messages > Awaiting Approval.
- Hover over the message awaiting Approval, and choose one of the options below:
- Reschedule – This allows you to schedule a different date and time when Act-On will launch the email message
- Move to Drafts – This moves the email message to Outbound > Drafts. You can optionally leave a note so that you can communicate the reason the email was moved to drafts
- Edit – When editing an email message, the message will be unscheduled from being sent