Installing the Act-On package in Salesforce will allow your Salesforce Sales users to see the Act-On behavior history for Leads and Contacts, access the Act-On Hot Prospects dashboard, and send emails to Leads and Contacts with custom email templates and can use Act-On email tracking.
Features this package provides:
- Send Act-On Emails from Salesforce to Leads/Contacts, and to Reports
- View the Act-On Activity History for a Lead/Contact
- View the Act-On Tab, a sales user portal which contains:
- Import a Campaign List from Salesforce in one click
This guide provides instructions to install the package. Once the package is installed, the Act-On components will need to be enabled in Salesforce.
- Act-On Marketing or Admin user credentials
- An active connection from Act-On to Salesforce
- Username, password and security token for a Salesforce administrator
- Pop-up blocker disabled
Important! If you have previously installed an Act-On package in your Salesforce account and need to upgrade, please see How to Upgrade your Salesforce Package for further instructions.
Install the Salesforce integration package in two main steps:
Remote Site Setup
Act-On's inline activity history view for the sales team requires you to authorize two Act-On URL's as remote sites in your Salesforce account.
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup.
- In Quick Find in the left column, type “Remote Site” and click on Remote Site Settings.
- Click the button New Remote Site.
- Configure two new remote sites with the following settings:
- First site
- Remote Site Name - Act_On_Service
- Remote Site URL - https://sf.actonsoftware.com
- Second site
- Remote Site Name - Act_On2
- Remote Site URL - https://(serverurl).actonsoftware.com
- Ensure that the Active checkbox is checked for both sites.
- Ensure these reflect secure URLs (https) exactly as above.
- First site
Install the Act-On Package
- In Act-On, go to Settings > Connectors > CRM > Salesforce.
- Connect to Salesforce if you are not already connected.
|Alternative Link: Click here to install the Salesforce package without logging in to Act-On.|
- Even though access will be granted to all Salesforce users, Act-On features will not be accessible by any users until they have been exposed via Salesforce layouts and the users have been registered in Act-On.
Once the Salesforce package has been installed, your Salesforce Administrator can enable Act-On components in Salesforce so your users can access Act-On features directly in Salesforce.
Remote Site Errors
If you continue to receive an error to add the Remote Sites list, have your Salesforce Administrator follow these steps to resolve the errors.
- Remote Sites error:
- Additional indication there are errors with remote site settings:
Solution: Review and Update Remote Site Settings
- Confirm in Salesforce that your Remote Site Settings for Act_On2 and Act_On_Service are:
- Reflect secure URLs (https)
- Act_On2 must match your account server URL, which is ci36.actonsoftware.com in this example:
- Have no other syntax errors
If you are still receiving errors, contact our support team for further assistance.