Installing the Act-On package in Salesforce will allow your Salesforce Sales users to see the Act-On behavior history for Leads and Contacts, access the Act-On Hot Prospects dashboard, and send emails to Leads and Contacts with custom email templates and can use Act-On email tracking.
Features this package provides:
- Send Act-On Emails from Salesforce to Leads/Contacts, and to Reports
- View the Act-On Activity History for a Lead/Contact
- View the Act-On Tab, a sales user portal which contains:
- Import a Campaign List from Salesforce in one click
This guide provides instructions to install the package. Once the package is installed, the Act-On components will need to be enabled in Salesforce.
- Act-On Marketing or Admin user credentials
- An active connection from Act-On to Salesforce
- Username, password and security token for a Salesforce administrator
- Pop-up blocker disabled
Important! If you have previously installed an Act-On package in your Salesforce account and need to upgrade, please see How to Upgrade your Salesforce Package for further instructions.
Install the Salesforce integration package in three main steps:
Remote Site Setup
Act-On's inline activity history view for the sales team requires you to authorize two Act-On URL's as remote sites in your Salesforce account.
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup.
- In Quick Find in the left column, type “Remote Site” and click on Remote Site Settings.
- Click the button New Remote Site.
- Configure two new remote sites with the following settings:
- First site
- Remote Site Name - Act_On_Service
- Remote Site URL - https://sf.actonsoftware.com
- Second site
- Remote Site Name - Act_On2
- Remote Site URL - https://<serverurl>.actonsoftware.com
- Ensure that the Active checkbox is checked for both sites.
- Ensure these reflect secure URLs (https) exactly as above.
- First site
Install the Act-On Package
- In Act-On, go to Settings > Connectors > CRM > Salesforce.
- Connect to Salesforce if you are not already connected.
|Alternative Link: Click here to install the Salesforce package without logging in to Act-On.|
- Even though access will be granted to all Salesforce users, Act-On features will not be accessible by any users until they have been exposed via Salesforce layouts and the users have been registered in Act-On.
Once the Salesforce package has been installed, your Salesforce Administrator can enable Act-On components in Salesforce so your users can access Act-On features directly in Salesforce.
Remote Site Errors
If you continue to receive an error to add the Remote Sites list, or when pushing your Act-On server URL to Salesforce, have your Salesforce Administrator follow these steps to resolve the errors.
- Remote Sites error:
Review Remote Site Settings
- Confirm in Salesforce that your Remote Site Settings for Act_On2 and Act_On_Service are:
- Reflect secure URLs (https)
- Act_On2 must match your account server URL, which is ci36 in this example:
- Have no other syntax errors
If you are still receiving errors, contact our support team for further assistance.