The Hot Prospects dashboard identifies the most active and engaged leads or contacts based on scoring rules defined in Act-On. Sales users will see their personal top 20 Hot Prospects in the Act-On Tab in Salesforce.
- An active connection from Act-On to Salesforce
- CRM Administration sync, setup and ran at least once.
- The Act-On package for Salesforce must be installed and up-to-date.
- The Act-On Tab must be enabled for Salesforce profiles to view (this is on by default)
- The Beacon Tracker must be set up and gathering activity data.
- Lead Scoring rules set up and syncing to Salesforce.
- Salesforce users must be registered as a Sales User in Act-On.
- The Act-On connected Salesforce user must be in Classic mode to import the Salesforce report.
To set up Hot Prospects, you will need to:
Follow our detailed instructions below to set this up.
Create a Sales Prospect Report in Salesforce
- Start by creating a custom report in Salesforce. Under the Select Report Type area choose the Opportunities folder and locate the Opportunities with Contact Roles report and hit Create.
- Select the following Settings:
- Show: All Opportunities
- Include: Open
- Date Field: Close Date
- Range: All Time
- Drag and drop the following required fields into your report.
- Company Name/Account Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- Contact ID
- Owner ID
Import the Prospect report to Act-On
- Log in to Act-On as a Marketing or Admin user.
- Navigate to Contacts > Marketing Lists
- Select the Manage button in the upper right corner of your folder list (this will be hidden until you hover over it).
- Click Add and create a folder titled Salesforce System Lists.
- Click Add again, then click Save.
- Click the Import button in the upper right corner.
- Follow instructions in this article to import the report Act-On Report Prospects in Active Opportunities as a marketing list and set it to sync on a recurring schedule.
- Note: The connected user must be in Classic mode for the report to import successfully!
Associate Sales Ownership and Prospects in Act-On
- Navigate to Contacts > Other Lists > Account Lists
- Click on the Sales Prospects folder
- Hover over Prospects Assigned to Sales, click the three dot icon and choose Select.
- In the pop-up window, locate and select your All Salesforce Leads list and click Submit.
- Next hover over Prospects in Active Opportunities and repeat the selection process choosing the report titled Act-On Report Prospects in Active Opportunities and click Submit.
- Next, hover over Existing Contacts Assigned to Sales and repeat the selection process choosing your All Salesforce Contacts list.