After installing the Act-On package for Salesforce, you can provide Salesforce users the ability to send Act-On email messages to Salesforce reports.
Follow the steps below to set up this functionality within Salesforce.
Essentials to Get Started
- You must have version 1.85 (or above) of the Act-On Salesforce package installed.
The Salesforce user connected to your Act-On account must be in Classic mode.
- Salesforce Lightning is now supported in package version 1.85. See our Upgrade instructions to get the latest package.
- The connected user must have permission to view the report.
- All Sales Users should review our recommended browser settings for our CRM Integration users, such as having their pop-up blocker disabled.
- The report should be saved in a public folder.
Note: Reports do not need to be imported to Act-On lists prior to using this feature. The Send to Report feature will import any existing report that Act-On can access.
- Log in as a Salesforce System Administrator.
- From the Salesforce Sales Home page (or any other page you want the button to appear), click the Setup icon
- Under the Setup menu, click Edit Page
- Scroll down the Components menu to find the Custom Managed Component for Act-On: Acton_Report_Email_Button
- Drag the component to the desired location on the layout.
- Click Save at the top right. Activate the page now, or later if needed.
In the section you selected on your home screen, there will now be a button to send an Act-On email to your existing reports.
When editing your Lightning home page, make sure to Delete the old Send Act-On Email to Report link by hovering over and clicking the trash can icon.
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator, and click Setup.
- Navigate to Customize > Home > Home Page Components.
- Under Custom Components, click New.
- Provide a name. We recommend calling it “Act-On”.
- Type = Links.
- Click Next.
- In Step 2, you will see Send_Act_On_Email_to_Reports under Custom Links not to show. Click on the link in the left-hand column and then click the arrow pointing right. This will add the link to the right-hand column.
- Once the Send Act-On Email link shows on the right for Custom Links to show, click Save
- Add the custom link to the Home page in Salesforce
- To do this, go to Customize > Home > Home Page Layouts.
- Find the home page for your Sales users (or use Default) and click Edit
- Under the Narrow Components to Show section, click the checkbox for Act-On.
- Click Next
- Move Act-On to the Left or Right column as desired. We recommend using the Narrow (Left) Column for this link.