To allow a Salesforce user access to Act-On features, they must be imported in Act-On as a Sales User. Act-On uses Single Sign-On (SSO) with Salesforce to authenticate the user. This guide provides information on why and how to set up your Salesforce users as Act-On Sales Users.
Completing this setup will grant access to the following features:
- The Act-On Salesforce Package, which provides the ability to:
- Act-On Anywhere, which provides the ability to send and track emails with Gmail or Outlook
Essentials to Get Started
- Act-On administrator credentials
- An active connection to Salesforce
- Sales User seats available for your account
How to Import Salesforce Users
- Log in to Act-On
- Click on Settings > Users > Sales Users
- Click the button labeled Import Sales Users from CRM*
- Check the boxes next to the Salesforce users you would like to grant access to and click Add Users at the bottom of the window.
- Review Sales User privileges and hide any components you do not wish Sales Users to access in the Act-On tab.
*If you cannot see the Import Sales Users from CRM button, see troubleshooting below.
How to Update Salesforce User Information
Your Salesforce Users' information will be updated in Act-On whenever the Salesforce connector is reset or updated.
Act-On administrators can manually refresh the sales users by going back to the Sales Users page and clicking Update Sales User Profiles from CRM.
Salesforce Users can also manage their User Profile in the Salesforce Act-On Tab if enabled.
FAQs and Troubleshooting
Why can't I add new CRM Sales Users?
If you cannot see the Import Sales Users from CRM button, review the following:
- Are you logged in as an Act-On administrator?
- To check, go to Settings > Users > Privileges
- Is your Salesforce account connection active?
- To check, go to Settings > Connectors > Salesforce
If you are still having problems adding new Sales Users, you may not have sales seats available for the account. Your agreement with Act-On allows for a specific number of sales users. To increase your sales user limit, contact your Act-On sales representative or Customer Success Manager.