Difference Between Marketing Users and Sales Users
There are three types of users in Act-On and each type of user has a different function within the Act-On platform. Below are some bullet points of each user’s access and privileges.
To add, delete, or manage users, see this page.
Marketing users can take the following actions
- List Management
- Create New Lists
- View all lists including opt-outs, soft/hard bounces, spam complaints., suppressed domains list.
- Create Segmentation
- Sync lists with your CRM/Upload List
- Create Templates/Messages
- Create Landing Pages
- Create From:Addresses
- Create Automated Programs
- Create Webinars
- Upload Custom Stationery
- Create Account Signatures
- Upload images, logos, documents
- Ability to delete any of the above.
- Access Reports
- All reports pertaining to messages, landing pages, forms
- Competitive Insights
- Website Prospector Reports
- Social Media Connectors
- Twitter Dashboard
Admin users can:
- Add, Edit, and Delete Marketing Users
- Add and Delete Sales Users
- Add From:Addresses
- Define Password Policies
- Define User Privileges (create, delete, and download) for Lists, Content, and Programs.
- Designate other Administrators and message launch approvals
- Manage template folder access (for Salesforce users)
- Create Account Signatures on behalf of other users
- View ALL Sent Messages
- Add Organization address/information
Sales users can:
- View Website Prospector
- Setup Website Prospector Alerts
- Send 1 to 1 emails using templates Marketing Users created or create a new message from scratch.
- View My Sent Messages/My Scheduled Messages
- Profile Settings - Change Password
- Create their own email signatures