Please note: SAML is not enabled by default. You can contact Support for information about enabling it.
How It Works
Act-On SAML works with authentication initiated through an external Identity Provider (IDP). This means that with SAML enabled, you can only access Act-On through your IDP. This process works as follows:
- A user logs into the IDP portal (eg., their intranet)
- The user clicks the Act-On button and triggers the authentication process
- Act-On’s Service Provider (SP) handles the authentication process
- If the user is on multiple Act-On accounts, they will see a screen that lists each with an option to sign in
- The user is routed to the relevant Act-On instance to access their account
There are a few restrictions to using this setup
- You cannot use Act-On's standard login feature to access the platform
- You cannot view/reset/change your Act-On password through the platform
- You cannot use the Act-On Anywhere plugin with SSO users.
- You cannot authenticate to the API with SSO users.
- This includes using external tools that use the API such as Zapier.
If API access is needed, we can setup a non SSO user that can be dedicated to those integrations.