- An active connection with Salesforce
- A custom field in Salesforce for Act-On Behavior Score for both Leads and Contacts. Instructions: How to Configure Behavior Score and Owner ID in Salesforce.
- A Lead Scoring System
- A Marketing List set to sync with Salesforce on a schedule
Identify the Salesforce Lead Score field in Act-On
By setting up the score field in this way, Act-On can pre-calculate the lead score for your contacts and leads prior to a list push, removing the need to set up a list maintenance program to update the score.
- Go to Settings > Connectors > CRM > Salesforce
- Click the Score Setup button
- Type in the field label that you created as a custom field in your Salesforce instance for holding the Lead Score
- Click OK
- You will see a confirmation that will advise whether you need to add the field to your Salesforce account. For instructions, see here.
Now, the Lead Score field will be updated with the Default scoresheet upon each scheduled list sync between Act-On and Salesforce.
Note that this does not apply when using Streaming Push. Any list using Streaming Push will also need to have a schedule for the Lead Score update as well as to pull in changes from Salesforce.
Important! Lead Scores should only be pushed to Salesforce. When scheduling your list push, never set your CRM list to pull the Behavior Score field. This can cause a range of issues including incorrect scores and excessively long sync times.
Update the Lead Score from Act-On Form Submissions to Salesforce
Complete these steps for each form and its associated form submission list.
First, update form push settings:
- Go to Content > Forms and locate your form
- Edit the form
- In the Properties tab, scroll down and expand CRM Settings. Check the following settings:
- Push Sign-up Data to Salesforce when someone submits this form
- Overwrite Sign-up Data in Salesforce
Next, update the form submission list:
- Go to Contacts > Other Lists > Form Submission Lists
- Open your form submission list and go to More Actions > Change List Columns
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add New Column
- Add the Salesforce Lead Score field and click Submit
- Click Save
Now, the Lead Score field will be updated with the Default scoresheet upon each form submission from Act-On and Salesforce.