To allow a Salesforce user access to Act-On features, they must be imported in Act-On as a Sales User. Act-On uses Single Sign-On (SSO) with Salesforce to authenticate the user. This guide provides information on why and how to set up your Salesforce users as Act-On Sales Users.
Completing this setup will grant access to the following features:
- The Act-On Salesforce Package, which provides the ability to:
- Act-On Anywhere, which provides the ability to send and track emails with Gmail or Outlook
Essentials to Get Started
- Act-On administrator credentials
- An active connection to Salesforce
- Sales User seats available for your account
How to Import Salesforce Users
- Log in to Act-On
- Click on Settings > Users > Manage users
- Click Import CRM sales users*
- Check the boxes next to the Salesforce users you would like to grant access to and click Add User at the bottom of the window.
- Review Sales User privileges and hide any components you do not wish Sales Users to access in the Act-On tab.
*If you cannot see the Import CRM sales users option, see troubleshooting below.
How to Update Salesforce User Information
Your Salesforce Users' information will be updated in Act-On whenever the Salesforce connector is reset or updated.
Act-On administrators can manually refresh the sales users by going back to Settings > Users > Sales Users and clicking the Update from CRM icon above the sales users table.
Salesforce Users can also manage their User Profile in the Salesforce Act-On Tab if enabled.
FAQs and Troubleshooting
Why can't I add new CRM Sales Users?
If you cannot see the Import CRM sales users option, review the following:
- Are you logged in as an Act-On administrator?
- To check, go to Settings > Users and see if your user is marked as an Admin
- Is your Salesforce account connection active?
- To check, go to Settings > Connectors > Salesforce
If you are still having problems adding new Sales Users, you may not have sales seats available for the account. Your agreement with Act-On allows for a specific number of sales users. To increase your sales user limit, contact your Act-On sales representative or Customer Success Manager.