When an email address is added to your Hard Bounces list in Act-On, you can update the correlating lead or contact record in Salesforce. Follow this guide to configure and schedule a push of Leads and Contacts on the Act-On Hard Bounces List over to Salesforce.
Set up the Hard Bounce field and value
- Ask your Salesforce administrator to identify the field in your Salesforce account which will contain Hard Bounce data. You will need the field name and its data type.
- The default is EmailBouncedReason, which is a text field.
- If you are instead using a custom Salesforce field, the field name must be the same for Lead and Contact objects.
- Type the field name directly, or click the icon to the right to select a field from your list of standard field names.
- Tip: If you don't see your custom field name in the list, go to Contacts > Standard Field Names and click Optimize For Salesforce.com to bring in the field names from Salesforce. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
- In the next box, type the field value to push to Salesforce
- For a checkbox field, enter the number '1' to check the box
- For a text field, add the value you want to display in reports (eg “Act-On Hard Bounce”)
- Click Save
You are now ready to push your Hard Bounce list to Salesforce and set it to run on a schedule.
Push the Hard Bounces List to Salesforce
- Under Scheduling, click on Schedule.
- Select a frequency for the push to run: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Off.
- Specify how often the sync should run.
- When Daily, specify in hours. Range of accepted values: 4 - 24.
- Specify the Start Time, in 24-hour format.
- Click Save. This will turn on the push schedule. You will see the next scheduled run displayed.
- Click Save to exit. You can also click Run Now to push your Hard Bounce list to Salesforce immediately.
- Act-On will only push one field in this sync, as configured here.
- This push will not update the Salesforce field Email Bounced Date.