Automated Programs are set by default to use the list field mapped to Contact's Email Address as the unique identifier. There are, however, times when a contact may need to enter a program more than once, such as:
- If a contact has multiple orders
- If a returning visitor is requesting information from a different division
- If a customer recently purchased several products and each product has a unique warranty serial number
Adding an alternate unique ID allows your contact to enter and re-enter your Automated Program when submitting forms under the same email address.
How to Set an Alternate Unique ID
Setting an alternate unique identifier is a controlled feature that Technical Support must first turn on. If you have not already requested that this feature be enabled, please open a support case or call our Technical Support team.
Once you have confirmed that the controlled feature for alternate unique identifiers has been enabled for your account, proceed to Automated Programs and follow these steps:
- Create a new Automated Program
- If you're editing an existing program, hover over the name of an existing Automated Program and click Edit to edit it in the Automated Journey Builder
- Navigate to the General Settings tab
- Under Source Lists, add your list(s)
- In the Options section, click the checkbox next to Use alternate unique identifier
- Select the list field you'd like to use as a unique identifier
- Press save
Only one alternate unique identifier can be set for an Automated Program. If you are using multiple source lists, confirm that your desired alternate unique identifier is found on each list and that your naming convention is consistent across all lists.