In Act-On Analytics, Liveboards act like live dashboards. They are collections of your related Answers (reports, charts, and tables).
Create your own Liveboards to show all the Answers you want, to provide dynamic at-a-glance overviews and deep-dive insights into your marketing campaigns and data. There are standard liveboards from Act-On to get you started. Use them as a starting point when creating your own Liveboards or just as they are.
How to Tell
If, under Reports on the left, you see this:
...you do not have either of the analytics packages yet, so contact your Act-On account manager for an upgrade!
- To access the Act-On Analytics home page, go to Reports > Analytics.
Create Your Own Liveboard
To create your own Liveboard, choose Answers and pin them to it.
- On the Act-On Analytics home page, from the main list at the bottom, open an Answer you want to be in your new Liveboard.
- At the upper right, click either Pin:
...or the name of an existing liveboard/tab:
- In the dialog that appears, click + Create Liveboard, type a Liveboard name, click the check mark on the right (it highlights blue), and click Pin:
- Your new Liveboard is now available from the home page, containing your chosen Answer tile.
- To add more Answer tiles, select from the home page, and at the upper right, click Pin (as the last used, your new Liveboard is pre-selected):
Edit Your Liveboard Layout
Move and resize the Answer tiles in your Liveboard to display what you want. For example, click Edit and reorganize the Liveboard to accommodate a newly added Answer tile (the larger one):
Don't forget to click Save when you have finished.
Filter Your Liveboard's Data
Add filters to affect the Answers in your Liveboard simultaneously, for example, to show data from the last 90 days:
- Open the Liveboard you want and at the upper right, click Edit.
- At the top, click Add filter and choose what you want to filter from the list on the left (search is available).
- In the dialog that appears, set values and options for the filter:
- In Applicable to, set which Answer tiles and tabs (see below) the filter applies to:
- Click Apply to add the filter.
- Repeat to add more filters.
To remove a filter, hover over the filter and click the X on the right.
Don't forget to click Save when you have finished.
More Liveboard Edit Options
More options are available when editing a Liveboard (open and at the upper left, click Edit):
Too many tiles in your liveboard? Create tabs, for example, for Answer tiles with supporting data that you don't need to always be visible. At the top, click + Add tab and type a name for your tab:
The new tab is available to select when pinning Answers to the Liveboard as explained above.
Add information about the Answer tiles on your Liveboard, for example, to further explain the data shown and provide useful links. Text edit, link, picture, and table options are available:
- Click the name and description to edit them:
Schedule a Liveboard
Receive Liveboard data on a schedule and share Liveboards with your colleagues via email, including those without access to Act-On Analytics:
- Open the Liveboard you want to schedule and at the upper right, click and select Schedule:
- In the Create schedule dialog, enter or select the following:
- Name. This does not appear in the email sent.
- Description. This appears in the email sent.
- Frequency. Select when & how often to share your Liveboard.
- Type. Select PDF to share charts and tables. Select CSV to share data for offline analysis.
- Gating condition. Write a statement that returns a single boolean value of true or false (for example, to evaluate if there is sufficient data to report on). At the scheduled time, if the condition evaluates to true, your Liveboard is shared.
Recipients. Enter the email addresses of recipients who are not Act-On users. When adding non-Act-On users, you may see a message similar to 'email not found', but you can still add the email.
- When you have finished, click Save.
Your Liveboard will be shared as specified.
When scheduling a Liveboard, its default filters are used when shared. If you want to use custom filters when scheduling, make a copy of the Liveboard, apply the filters you want to be the default filters for the copy, and share that one.
Manage Your Liveboard Schedules
To edit a Liveboard schedule, open the Liveboard you want, at the upper right, click and select Manage schedules. Open the schedule you want and edit as described above:
Liveboard Viewing Options
Adjust Your Liveboard Filters
When viewing Liveboards the filters set (see above) can be adjusted, for example, to show data from the last month:
Download a PDF
To download a PDF of your liveboard, for example, to use as a report in an email attachment, when viewing a Liveboard, at the top right, click and select Download PDF, choose the options you want, and click Download.
Present Your Liveboard
To present your Liveboard like a PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides slideshow, when viewing a Liveboard, at the top right, click and select Present. The Liveboard displays in full screen. Move through the slides with the keyboard arrow keys or the buttons at the top right.
Standard Liveboards From Act-On
Act-On has provided standard Liveboards to get you started, including:
- Email Performance. See Exploring the Email Performance Analytics Liveboard.
- Forms, Landing Pages, Media
Use them just as they are, or as a starting point when creating your own Liveboards:
- On the Act-On Analytics home page, from the main list at the bottom, use the main list filters to show only Liveboards, and choose the author Act-On Software.
- Open the Liveboard you want to use, click , and choose Make a copy:
- Rename the Liveboard and edit it to your requirements as described in the sections above.