Power up your marketing game with Act-On Analytics!
Act-On Analytics is a powerful and flexible analytics experience, enabling at-a-glance overviews and deep-dive insights into your marketing campaigns and data using AI-powered answers and analysis and a comprehensive level of customization, displayed in Liveboards (live dashboards) and KPIs.
The three steps to realizing Act-On Analytics' power:
- Get Answers to your data or business questions by directly asking AI (or building queries, or applying standard queries to your data).
- Use Answers to create Liveboards (or use and edit standard Liveboards) and add KPI Answers to your watchlist.
- Use Spot IQ AI to analyze your Answers & data points for insights.
Access Act-On Analytics
How to Tell
If, under Reports on the left, you see this:
...you do not have either of the analytics packages yet, so contact your Act-On account manager for an upgrade! Meanwhile, you can still access the Standard Analytics liveboards.
When signed into Act-On, go to Reports > Analytics. The Analytics Home tab appears:
- You can ask any data or business question to get Answers in the question bar at the top. Some sample questions are shown to get you started; they relate to the data type selected on the left.
- Add KPI Answers to your watchlist in the middle, to keep a pulse on your important stats.
- The main list at the bottom contains the Answers and Liveboards.
Answers are your individual data or business questions answered with charts and visualizations, like a report. See Act-On Analytics: Answers.
- Add Answers to your Liveboards & display KPI Answers on your watchlist.
- There are some standard answers from Act-On:
Liveboards are customizable collections of Answers. See Act-On Analytics: Liveboards.
- Create Liveboards to show all the Answers you want, to provide dynamic at-a-glance overviews and deep-dive insights into your marketing campaigns and data.
- There are some standard liveboards from Act-On:
For details about the Email Performance standard liveboard, see Exploring the Email Performance Analytics Liveboard.
Spot IQ uses AI analysis to discover insights from your data. See Act-On Analytics: Spot IQ Analysis.
- Run Spot IQ on any Answer or any data point in a visualization to dive deep into the data and discover insights. Right-click a data point (left) or click on the Answer tile (right):
- To return to the Act-On Analytics home page, for example from viewing a Liveboard, click the left arrow at the top left:
- Liveboards that are popular with users in your organization are shown on the right of the Act-On Analytics home page. Click to access any of them:
Main List Filters
Find the Liveboard or Answer you want from the list with these filters:
- Switch to show only Answers, Liveboards, or both (All).
- Add tags to Answers or Liveboards. Select checkboxes on the left, click Edit tags, and add the tags you want:
Select from the All tags drop-down to show the Answers and Liveboards with those tags.
- Select the user you want from the All authors drop-down to show only Answers and Liveboards created by that user, for example, yourself.
- Hover over an Answer or Liveboard in the list and click the star to favorite it:
Switch on My favorites to only show your favorite Answers and Liveboards.
- To sort the list by Name, Author, Views, etc. click the column name: